XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this is a simple question. On the GasBlock...do the higher numbers mean more gas let into the piston? thus hitting the bolt harder?

eg: the 1 setting would let less gas into the op-rod than the 4 setting? What about the S (silencer) setting? ???

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
The short answer to your first question is yes,the higher the number the more gas introduced into the system,of that I am certain.
Suppressors tend to put more backpressure on the bullet as it's being fired,therefore increasing the velocity of gas through the gasport.That in turn increases piston velocity.I could be wrong,but that's my assessment/hypothosis of how/why that you need to reduce the gas setting when using a "can".

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Do you have the new gas block? If so take the little valve out and look at the holes. It is interesting to see the difference in the size of the holes from 4 down to S.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
No, not yet. When I cut my 16" barrel down to 11" I wasn't able to shoot on 2 anymore. My 16" barrel shoots on 2 all day long. i am going to open up the gas port on the 11" barrel just to get a little more gas in there. My 6.8SPC shoots fine on setting 2 (again, an 11" barrel).

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just tryin to understand what you are going to enlarge, the gas-port in the bbl or in the gas block? and how you planning to do that, just drill it?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
The actual gas port/hole in the barrel. I will probably have the same place that cut the barrel down enlarge the hole. I have heard of people using a drill press/vise setup but I dont know if it is a good idea to use a hand held drill. You go to far and hit the chrome lining on the opposite side and that would be bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts