XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading and reading this forum ALL WEEKEND. There's a ton of good info here so I have to first say thank you to all who have posted here.

I don't recall running into any threads that describe how to attach a single point sling with the folding stock. Is there a way to do this? I've seen the fittings that can be used when installing the fixed stocks, but I have yet to come across a way to mount a single point using the folder.

I will be buying the XCR Light 5.56 Semi-Auto SBR Rifle soon and I am trying to work out my options ahead of time.

G

·
I have been reading and reading this forum ALL WEEKEND. There's a ton of good info here so I have to first say thank you to all who have posted here.

I don't recall running into any threads that describe how to attach a single point sling with the folding stock. Is there a way to do this? I've seen the fittings that can be used when installing the fixed stocks, but I have yet to come across a way to mount a single point using the folder.

I will be buying the XCR Light 5.56 Semi-Auto SBR Rifle soon and I am trying to work out my options ahead of time.
maybe I'm over simplifying, but i would think that you would just clip into the loop built on the gun. no problems.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I just went to the local sporting goods store and picked up a black nylon sling and a harris bipod adapter and clipped it onto the loops. Nothing fancy but for $40 it works fine.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I use the Loop on the upper receiver (actually part of the folding mechanism).

G

·
do you have an XCR? ???

if so you will conveniently note that it ALREADY HAS AN ATTACHMENT POINT ALMOST IDENTICAL TO THE ONE YOU LIST BUILT INTO THE GUN!!! :duh:

It is placed where it is for several specific reasons. I suggest that you try the factory attachment point. it may just work exactly like you want.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I do not own one yet.

I was just wondering if there was any way to connect a single point sling in this location with the folding tube stock:

In this pic there doesn't appear to be a location to attach a single point sling. It's no big deal, but I was just currious.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jack A Sol,

Good deal, sorry ... I didn't know it was there.

It's next to impossible to see it in the pic I listed (and in most pics), but now that you pointed the location out ... I can clearly see it in this Robinson Arms Video called "Folding Stock Maintenance":
http://www.robarm.com/videos/Folding Stock Maintenance.wmv

Damn the XCR rocks ... and I don't even have one yet :p

Just lining my ducks in a row ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts