XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading and reading this forum ALL WEEKEND. There's a ton of good info here so I have to first say thank you to all who have posted here.

I don't recall running into any threads that describe how to attach a single point sling with the folding stock. Is there a way to do this? I've seen the fittings that can be used when installing the fixed stocks, but I have yet to come across a way to mount a single point using the folder.

I will be buying the XCR Light 5.56 Semi-Auto SBR Rifle soon and I am trying to work out my options ahead of time.

J

·
0 Posts
I have been reading and reading this forum ALL WEEKEND. There's a ton of good info here so I have to first say thank you to all who have posted here.

I don't recall running into any threads that describe how to attach a single point sling with the folding stock. Is there a way to do this? I've seen the fittings that can be used when installing the fixed stocks, but I have yet to come across a way to mount a single point using the folder.

I will be buying the XCR Light 5.56 Semi-Auto SBR Rifle soon and I am trying to work out my options ahead of time.
maybe I'm over simplifying, but i would think that you would just clip into the loop built on the gun. no problems.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I just went to the local sporting goods store and picked up a black nylon sling and a harris bipod adapter and clipped it onto the loops. Nothing fancy but for $40 it works fine.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I use the Loop on the upper receiver (actually part of the folding mechanism).

J

·
0 Posts
do you have an XCR? ???

if so you will conveniently note that it ALREADY HAS AN ATTACHMENT POINT ALMOST IDENTICAL TO THE ONE YOU LIST BUILT INTO THE GUN!!! :duh:

It is placed where it is for several specific reasons. I suggest that you try the factory attachment point. it may just work exactly like you want.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I do not own one yet.

I was just wondering if there was any way to connect a single point sling in this location with the folding tube stock:

In this pic there doesn't appear to be a location to attach a single point sling. It's no big deal, but I was just currious.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jack A Sol,

Good deal, sorry ... I didn't know it was there.

It's next to impossible to see it in the pic I listed (and in most pics), but now that you pointed the location out ... I can clearly see it in this Robinson Arms Video called "Folding Stock Maintenance":
http://www.robarm.com/videos/Folding Stock Maintenance.wmv

Damn the XCR rocks ... and I don't even have one yet :p

Just lining my ducks in a row ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts