XCR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need advice on attaching a sling to my XCR as I am new to this. I am in Massachusetts and therefore have a fixed stock. There is a "loop" at thr rear of the stock. What is the best method for attaching a sling to this point (or a different point if you think appropriate) and to the front rail?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
A Vickers is always a good choice. I don't have to consider the folding stock factor (which makes choices more difficult) change of stock position. However, if you want to save bucks, you can always buy an G3/MP-5 sling and reverse the position of the sling snap. There are also Tactical Slings that are adaptable to multi-firearms application. :2cents: Check the internet....

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I will second the Vickers. I have found that the eye on the receiver is better than the stock. You can use a piece of 550 cord or go hi-tech and get one of these

http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=81

These guys are local to me. They didn't offer the small loop when I got mine, though I would recommend getting the short one. After I got the long one we decided that they needed to offer a shorter one. I deployed before they finished production on the short one. I will get a short one when I get back home.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I like the Vickers sling too.

I use a Midwest Industries attachment point for the front, mounted on the rail. On the rear, I connect it via QD sling stud to my CTR stock, close to the buttplate.

FWIW, the Vickers is great - if adjusted properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for the input! I think the Blue Force Gear universal wire loop for the rear and an MI rail attachment up front is the way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts