XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAVEN'T BEEN ABEL TO FIND ANY WOLF 7.62X39 IN TWO MONTHS IN 1,000 LOTS. ANYONE GOT A LEAD ON SOME? FOUND SOME SINGLE BOX'S FOR $9.50 LAST NIGHT ON ONE SIGHT :duh:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Texas, If you don't buy from Sportsmans Guide you are missing a lot of bargains. If you join their club you get an additional 10% discount. Wolf Classic 7.62x39 124gr FMJ is $239.97 a 1,000 ( it's $227.97 as a member). I have shopped for YEARS with them and they offer a LOAD of bargains. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=271460

Take a little time on your first visit to shop around. They seem to have the best prices most ot the time. :2cents: 8) ;D

·
Registered
327 Posts
The biggest gun show in the country is in April here in Tulsa, OK. I'm hoping to pick up ammo there.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CROAKER, MAYBE THAT BOAT WILL BE HEAR BY THEN. TRYED TO FIND CCI 300 LARGE PISTOL PRIMERS LAST NIGHT. NO LUCK, EVERYONE SOLD OUT! :'(

·
Registered
573 Posts
I concur on the scarcity of the Wolf AK ammo by case.

Lucked out yesterday and got a case of the Yugo brass for $280 from a private seller. 8)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah, seems almost all of the US stock has been bought up.

I've been keeping an eye on the internet ammo retailers.

Wolf has been almost always out of stock.
It's also hard to find any other of the cheap Russian Brands like Brown Bear/Silver Bear or Golden Tiger.

I was lucky to be able to buy some Brown Bear.

I sure hope some more shipments come in soon, my measly 1000 rounds won't last more than a few weekends...

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Lucked out yesterday and got a case of the Yugo brass for 0 from a private seller.
I hope you like cleaning,that's stuff is corrosive.

G

·
Lucked out yesterday and got a case of the Yugo brass for 0 from a private seller.
I hope you like cleaning,that's stuff is corrosive.
thats why I love "corrosive" ammo. everyone is so afraid to shoot it that it's always available. The yugo is frankly some of the finest 762x39 ammo ever made. We are fortunate to have it available to us. the fact that it may be mildly corrosive should certainly not deter anyone from purchasing. that is precisely why we have chrome lined bores, and stainless pistons.

I dont have any idea how those poor yugoslavs ever managed to get by with this awful ammo. THEY didn't even have chrome lined bores in their guns!! :eek:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
thats why I love "corrosive" ammo. everyone is so afraid to shoot it that it's always available. The yugo is frankly some of the finest 762x39 ammo ever made. We are fortunate to have it available to us. the fact that it may be mildly corrosive should certainly not deter anyone from purchasing. that is precisely why we have chrome lined bores, and stainless pistons.

I don't have any idea how those poor yugoslavs ever managed to get by with this awful ammo. THEY didn't even have chrome lined bores in their guns!!
First I never said it was bad ammo,just corrosive.Second,there is no such thing as mildly corrosive,either it is or it isn't.When you see something advertised as such either the seller doesn't know any better or is deliberately being dishonest.Third stainless steel while corrosion resistant,can and does still rust.Also the gases and residue from firing not only get in your barrel,and on your piston ,but the gas block(which is not stainless) and into the lower receiver onto all the trigger components etc.Everything those gases are exposed to should be thoroughly cleaned,if not moisture from the air works together with the corrosive salts in the burnt powder residue to make nasty red stuff.You do what you like,I might shoot it in a cheap AK,but not in my XCR,not because I'm scared,but because I don't feel like cleaning that thoroughly everytime I shoot it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
You can't delay in this market. :2cents:

They had M855 in stock too.

Everybody is basically out of everything. :mad: And when you see something in stock it won't be there for long.

I feel like people are shooting less and buying more, which is interesting since the prices are crazy. Just last summer I could have that 7.62x39 delivered for 180-190. Now < 250 is a good price and you can't find it. I paid 277 delivered from Palmetto.

I'm basically replacing what I shoot right now and trying not to dip into reserves. I guess I need to decide what is the minimum stock I want to keep on hand is.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey VA Plinker, thanks for the lead, but they are already sold out of 7.62X39's, as of 4;30 PM EST. They still have some .223/5.56's in stock. I may have a lead on some 7.62's from another source. I'll let the Forum know.
SINKER

http://www.classicarms.us/

They are showing a bunch of Wolf in stock (FMJ, HP, .223, 308)

The 7.62x39 is 0 :eek: plus shipping. That is officially "I'll pass" territory.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts