XCR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
874 Posts
I think eye protection with rifles isn't that important. Pistols on the other hand I think its essential. I shot my glock17 and beretta vertec M96 last summer and I can't remember with which pistol but I didn't wear eye protection and I got a nice blast of partially burn powder in the eyes that certainly was not pleasant. I have shot rifles for years and never had that problem but now as a precaution I wear sunglasses at the least when shooting rifle or pistol.

· Registered
874 Posts
I had my hearing checked at work the other day cause I work in a big refinery so there is alot of noise and you are expected to wear eye protection all the time. Anyways my hearing is perfect in my left ear but the nurse said my hearing in my right eye is slightly damaged. She then went on to ask me if I shoot alot of guns. I said ya. Then she asked if I used hearing protection. I said only when I shoot at a range. When I hunt I don't and I dont when I shoot 22lr. She then went on to tell me that is definitely the reason for my hearing loss in my right ear though it is just slight hearing loss. But I tell you I will never wear hearing protection when I hunt. Need the ability to hear my surroundings well is essential for that sort of activity.

· Registered
874 Posts
Nope not legal. I would be basically giving my guns to the police for destruction and would be fined heavily and probably do jail time if I was ever caught with a Suppressor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.