XCR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PM me and I'll send you a 'fill in the blank' copy (MS Word format) - so you can beat the rush and get your NFA toys!

OR... e-mail me direct at this address:

[email protected]

;D

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I have found lots of bad info out on the web about getting into a Trust for NFA. This website here

http://www.86th.org/?id=nfa-trust

seems to have lots of good info for those that are interested.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AZ, that website is chock full of good info!

Combine that with the copy I have to share and those that are interested in submitting a trust should be able to do so with no fear.

I can speak for myself and at least (6) others - for a total of (17) NFA items, who have used this format without a single rejection.

I agree 100% that BATFE could reject (depending upon the examiner) for any reason, and that their regulations regarding trusts appear to be vague (I presume subject to interpretation).

Regardless, my personal goal is to submit all I can now so as to (hopefully) avoid any potential rejections due to revised regulations in the future. :2cents:

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Thanks Again Red!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, just to make sure...

Everyone should also know you have to submit with your Trust:

ATF 5530.20 / Certification of Compliance (available online)

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I can't pull up that form right now but is that the citizenship form? I have never submitted one of those with a trust. It falls in line with the fingerprint cards. You can't photoghraph or fingerprint an entity (trust), therefore that same entity can't hold citizenship. When I send a trust I send in

2 copies of Form 1
Certification of Trust
Decleration of Trust
Schedule A of Trust
Check for $200 per item

I think that is it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can't pull up that form right now but is that the citizenship form? I have never submitted one of those with a trust. It falls in line with the fingerprint cards. You can't photoghraph or fingerprint an entity (trust), therefore that same entity can't hold citizenship. When I send a trust I send in

2 copies of Form 1
Certification of Trust
Decleration of Trust
Schedule A of Trust
Check for 0 per item

I think that is it.

Whats this?
Do you send copies of the trust or the original?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Always send copies, never the original. I don't remember sending the decleration the first time, just the certification. I think I had heard of people having to send in the decleration so I included it this time. It doesn't bother me as they already know all the NFA items I have and that is the only thing I use my trust for.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Realizing this can all be very confusing - I send in NOTARIZED copies, with the Notary's INK on them.

I bet the BATFE NFA reviewers have seen it all... and laugh while sitting at the lunch table about the stupid stuff people send in.

I heard of one submission where the applicant sent what appeared to be a glamour shot (with popped collar) instead of a passport photo... ;D

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yeah, the crazy thing is different examiners want different things. Some want decleration, some only want certification. Most want Schedule A...it is confusing. I just send in a copy of everything.

·
Registered
58 Posts
How do you get a declaration of trust?

1RED does your copy have a scheduale A or is it just a peice of paper that says scheduale A thats attached?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
The decleration is the actual Trust. The certification is like a 4 page document that says you have a trust. I really do recommend you purchase willmaker if you want to make sure that you are doing it correctly. What is $35 in a game where we drop thousands on guns?

·
Registered
58 Posts
So the trust and certification are both made by willmaker?

I think i almost have everything down. I like the idea of having a premade one so I know it is properly done and there arnt any mistakes on it.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
When you fill everything out in Willmaker and finally print the Trust it prints a "Decleration of Trust" (the trust itself). There is an option to go in and print the certification of Trust, which is just a small document that lists beneficiaries ad such.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts