XCR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
What have you done to the 870? That's a lot different than stock!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mick Nartin:
I cut the 870 down to 14", added a Mesa Tactical adaptor so I could install the SOPMOD stock, pistol grip and Trijicon Reflex sight. I also swapped out the forend for a three rail model which allows me to use a "hand stop" and tac light if I wish or anything else that will fit a picatinny rail.

Terra:
The blue easter eggs are "practice chalk" rounds. They launch about 200 yards and break open on impact releasing a cloud of red chalk to mark where they landed. I make them myself for about .95 cents each. If you can find them commercially the cost between $5.00 & $15.00 each depending on quantity and hazmat delivery.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
What is the recipie for the Chalk rounds?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The recipe is 1/2 teaspoon of FFG powder in a booster hull or 1 teaspoon of FFG powder in a regular casing. A 35mm film can filled with red line chalk and a solid resin nosecone and base wad glued to the film can. I cast my own nosecones and bases from molds I purchased off of Grog's 40mm web site. The molds cost me $20 and they will last for ever.

MadDog ::)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ready for Zombies and then some. I just found a recipe for "explosive practice rounds" which do not need to be individually registered since the lift charge and explosive charge is under 1/4 oz.

MadDog :eek:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ready for Zombies and then some.  I just found a recipe for "explosive practice rounds" which do not need to be individually registered since the lift charge and explosive charge is under 1/4 oz.

MadDog  :eek:
Stick this in your wallet to be on the safe side.  If you get hassled about those rounds just flash the card and all your troubles go away.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Ready for Zombies and then some. I just found a recipe for "explosive practice rounds" which do not need to be individually registered since the lift charge and explosive charge is under 1/4 oz.

MadDog :eek:

MD, I've seens some signs out in the woods of a possible Zombie infestation.

Care to share the recipe?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.