XCR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
What have you done to the 870? That's a lot different than stock!

·
Registered
356 Posts
How'd you get those hard boiled eggs so blue? ;D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
**** Nartin:
I cut the 870 down to 14", added a Mesa Tactical adaptor so I could install the SOPMOD stock, pistol grip and Trijicon Reflex sight. I also swapped out the forend for a three rail model which allows me to use a "hand stop" and tac light if I wish or anything else that will fit a picatinny rail.

Terra:
The blue easter eggs are "practice chalk" rounds. They launch about 200 yards and break open on impact releasing a cloud of red chalk to mark where they landed. I make them myself for about .95 cents each. If you can find them commercially the cost between $5.00 & $15.00 each depending on quantity and hazmat delivery.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
What is the recipie for the Chalk rounds?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The recipe is 1/2 teaspoon of FFG powder in a booster hull or 1 teaspoon of FFG powder in a regular casing. A 35mm film can filled with red line chalk and a solid resin nosecone and base wad glued to the film can. I cast my own nosecones and bases from molds I purchased off of Grog's 40mm web site. The molds cost me $20 and they will last for ever.

MadDog ::)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Outstanding MDD! 8)

Hope you don't mind, but one of the last pics of your XCR w/launcher is now my PC's wallpaper. ;D

·
Registered
384 Posts
maddog i see why u didnt need that bypod now. hard to fit it beside the grenade laucher...just messing with ya. by the way that bypod is perfect for tha girls. it makes shooting the xcr a breeze!!! oh and i kinda like it too. :ninja:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ready for Zombies and then some. I just found a recipe for "explosive practice rounds" which do not need to be individually registered since the lift charge and explosive charge is under 1/4 oz.

MadDog :eek:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ready for Zombies and then some.  I just found a recipe for "explosive practice rounds" which do not need to be individually registered since the lift charge and explosive charge is under 1/4 oz.

MadDog  :eek:
Stick this in your wallet to be on the safe side.  If you get hassled about those rounds just flash the card and all your troubles go away.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Ready for Zombies and then some. I just found a recipe for "explosive practice rounds" which do not need to be individually registered since the lift charge and explosive charge is under 1/4 oz.

MadDog :eek:

MD, I've seens some signs out in the woods of a possible Zombie infestation.

Care to share the recipe?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts