XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Special" XCR Qustion

Oh man, I feel kinda dumb. So for awhile I've been drooling over the prospect of getting one of these fine rifles and turning money into smoke noise and wholes in stuff. And believe it or not, it just dawned on me a couple days ago, I live in DAMNED NY! I've never really paid much mind to the whole assault weapons ban here because there are lots of pre-bans to go around, but buying a new rifle here in the greater eastern reich is legally impossible. At least most new rifles worth owning in my humble opinion. So now I find myself forced to look at those "Special" XCR's that Rob Arms created just for us poor oppressed people. Here is my question, I know there is a model that has a fixed magazine, and one that also has a funky looking almost pistol grip as well, but what is the deference between these rifles and the other XCR's as fare as parts go. See I don't intend to live like this forever, and as much as I applaud Rob Arms in making these rifles hippy happy for us in NY and cally I think I'd rather have my detachable mags and pistol grip. So say I was to buy an XCR here and now, what would be involved in un-hippy-fying it?

So anyway, now to go bitch to my state legislature and senator. Cheers.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Re: "Special" XCR Qustion

Is their anyway you move to a more gun friendly state? Like PA.

I know that should most likely go under the :duh: category.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

you need a perm. attached muzzle brake and a nonfolding stock. We send 'em there all the time :)
Sad Face! I've been waiting this whole time for the new stock! Meh!

On the moving issue I totally plan to get out of NY once I'm done with school. The gun laws here are so stupid, and they just tried to change the definition of an assault rifle from a semi-auto with 2 of the things on the naughty list (removable mag, collapsing stock,, bayonet lug, pistole grip ext) to 1 thing on the naughty list. So like a .22 rim fire rifle with a removable mag would legally be a "assault weapon". So Dumb! I'm pretty sure it was already defeated but the fact that it even got put to a vote is, grumble!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

Hope you don't have much longer in school.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

you need a perm. attached muzzle brake and a nonfolding stock. We send 'em there all the time :)
Sad Face! I've been waiting this whole time for the new stock! Meh!

On the moving issue I totally plan to get out of NY once I'm done with school. The gun laws here are so stupid, and they just tried to change the definition of an assault rifle from a semi-auto with 2 of the things on the naughty list (removable mag, collapsing stock,, bayonet lug, pistole grip ext) to 1 thing on the naughty list. So like a .22 rim fire rifle with a removable mag would legally be a "assault weapon". So Dumb! I'm pretty sure it was already defeated but the fact that it even got put to a vote is, grumble!
You could get it now and change out the stock and barrel later if you wanted.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts