XCR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend is interested in buying an XCR-M but he doesn't want to go through the waiting process I did.
I waited from Sep 30th 2020 till March 12th 2021, so 163 days for a new upper.
Has anybody here bought a complete gun in 2021 and received it yet? I'm curious if they're catching up with their orders and if my friend should buy one.

·
Registered
474 Posts
A buddy ordered an XCR-L in 7.62x39 and got it a few weeks ago. He waited 6 months.

RA, makes everything to order. Thy keep little to zero inventory on hand with the exception of a few small parts. All barrels, uppers, lowers, etc are made after an order has been placed.

Yes it sucks for the consumer to do business that way, but I imagine it’s how RA, stays afloat without worrying about extra inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
On occasion they post, email and Facebook, that they have a few rifles ready to ship. I think most are Canadian versions, that have sense been banned. Might be worth a phone call if you’re not picky about the configuration and just want to get in to the platform.

·
Registered
5 Posts
First time owner here. I got the XCR-L 6.5 Grendel with an 11 inch barrel. At the time I ordered it on October 18 2020 the web site said 6-8 weeks. It arrived Friday, one week short of 6 months. I understand they were having major issues getting parts in from suppliers, but I never received any kind of email update unless I inquired myself. That was frustrating but I am supremely happy with the product. Now just waiting to get it out of background check purgatory, currently 4 days here in Colorado.

Unfortunately I only bought 1000 rounds of the Wolf 6.5 Grendel, thinking plenty would be around. Since then it has all but disappeared except for the scalpers on Gun Broker. So I ended up ordering a 5.56 conversion kit and a spare parts kit 3 months ago....just in case a foreign ammo ban comes down the pike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you get your conversion yet?

No, from the way they responded last week its gonna be another month or so. I also ordered a spare parts kit at the same time and I domt know if any of those are supplied by contractors and therefore potentially delay things even more. According to RA the delay on my pistol was an Op Rod that they subcontract and had a large backlog.

·
Registered
22,085 Posts
How are those FAB defense sights working for you? I'm afraid they would be too short for a rifle but how are they for your pistol length?
Those are factory RobArms...but didn't know who made them. Are you saying Fab Defense does?

·
Registered
52 Posts
So my friend is interested in buying an XCR-M but he doesn't want to go through the waiting process I did.
I waited from Sep 30th 2020 till March 12th 2021, so 163 days for a new upper.
I'm starting to think (take that for what you will) that 6 months lead time is pretty nominal for a small gun maker building things to order. It's just how it is in today's gun climate. I noticed that Desert Tech has a similar wait for their new guns to make it to their dealers; one gun shop was waiting since December for 3 MDRXs that seemed to be coming along fine, then stopped getting updates last month. FN PS90's seem to be an endangered species at gun stores where I'm at; you'd have to place them on back order with online dealers if you want a reasonable price for them (and wait an indeterminate amount of time), pay slightly higher on Gunbroker for 'em, or spread your cheeks for the odd gun store that's putting it out there for $3K. Daniel Defense and LMT seem to be booked and out of stock of their AR-10 pattern rifles at their online stores since I started browsing for the XCR back in December. I've seen a couple DD5's appear randomly and disappear the next day like UFOs at some places.

I guess my point is if you want something nice, you have to wait for it or get lucky. No commitment to pay for the XCR-M until it ships should give your friend some peace of mind. See if he can order the XCR-M and if he can find a DD5 or other top shelf AR-10 in the mean time, he can cancel and let the rifle that was being made for him go to a lucky guy waiting for one.

Those are factory RobArms...but didn't know who made them. Are you saying Fab Defense does?
For a second I thought so but looking up close, not at all.

Either way, what's the ideal height for backup sights on the XCR? Is it lower for the pistol versions and higher for the competition length barrels?

·
Registered
22,085 Posts
Depends on how you like your optics/sights mounted. I like mine as low as I can reasonably get them and still have backup irons. Unfortunately now...the only game in town for that is Troy Micros now that Diamond Head stopped making their version of micro sights.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Depends on how you like your optics/sights mounted. I like mine as low as I can reasonably get them and still have backup irons. Unfortunately now...the only game in town for that is Troy Micros now that Diamond Head stopped making their version of micro sights.
Have you seen Griffin Armaments micro sights? They are awesome.

This set comes with both standard and 45° mounts but you can buy the single version as well.

I love mine. They can be a little stiff to deploy though.

https://www.griffinarmament.com/m2-sight-deployment-kit/

·
Registered
22,085 Posts
Have you seen Griffin Armaments micro sights? They are awesome.

This set comes with both standard and 45° mounts but you can buy the single version as well.

I love mine. They can be a little stiff to deploy though.

M2 Sight Deployment Kit

Those don't look like micro height sights though...they look to be standard AR height.

What's the measurement from the top of the pic rail to the center of the rear peep?

Actually, it says this on the website: "A2 sight post compatible" so they are standard height not micro.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts