XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or is it me being bored with MS Paint? You decide...

I think Alex needs some ideas, so lets post our hackjobs and give him some inspiration and motivation...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Looks nice. Did you chop the upper and stock?

I'd take another inch off the upper :2cents:, but I don't have paint skills :D

With 7.62 and 6.5 done soon, will it be the pdw next?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Take another inch off the rails and barrel and take the BUIS off and put an Aimpoint Micro on there. Stock looks good although at CTR esque stock would be nice too. I just don't like the way that any of the AR stocks look on the XCR.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Looks nice. Did you chop the upper and stock?

I'd take another inch off the upper :2cents:, but I don't have paint skills :D

With 7.62 and 6.5 done soon, will it be the pdw next?
The PDW can wait we need the XCR-M first then worry about the PDW.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Did anyone else see this post on RAs website?

XCR PDW

We are working on a ultra-shorty XCR. This would have a shorter upper receiver, operating rod, gas tube, and barrel. After receiving your input we have redesigned the system so we can do 9" and 10" long barrels (Note: the 9" will work for 5.56 and possibly 6.8. It may not work with 7.62x39mm) An 8" long barrel is possible but would not function properly without a suppressor. It would also be possible to make an XCR Pistol. Please send feedback on these two items to [email protected].

Note: We hoped to be shipping these in December. Due to other priorities, these may not be available until Q1 of 2009.
I'm kinda excited about the move to an even shorter upper. I might have to start saving up for one of these >:D

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yeah, I like the idea of an 8" barrel but there isn't a silencer manufacturer out there that would warranty a can mounted on an 8" barrel. Just a lot of stress and fatigue on the can.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did anyone else see this post on RAs website?

XCR PDW

We are working on a ultra-shorty XCR. This would have a shorter upper receiver, operating rod, gas tube, and barrel. After receiving your input we have redesigned the system so we can do 9" and 10" long barrels (Note: the 9" will work for 5.56 and possibly 6.8. It may not work with 7.62x39mm) An 8" long barrel is possible but would not function properly without a suppressor. It would also be possible to make an XCR Pistol. Please send feedback on these two items to [email protected].

Note: We hoped to be shipping these in December. Due to other priorities, these may not be available until Q1 of 2009.
I'm kinda excited about the move to an even shorter upper. I might have to start saving up for one of these >:D
Sadly, everything got pushed to rear once Obama got elected. It's all about cranking out receivers right now, and having enough to keep the public fed even if there is a ban, which we all hope has a grandfather provision.

I dont think we are going to see any new gizmos for a few months at least...

Not an Obama fan at all...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Completely agree vb... And I know it is blasphemy, but the likely lengthy delay of an XCR PDW is what lead me to snap up one of these with the factory quad rails. Hopefully an SBR eventually...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those 556 pistols are pretty decent project guns. Add Aurora front and rear BUIS, 556 classic lower and an ATF tax stamp and you'll have a pretty dang cool toy.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just hope I can still SBR it by the time all my ducks are in a row. Maybe the sucky economy and the Middle East will be enough of a distraction for a while, but we'll see.

VB, I know your issues w/ the 556 carbine, I hope the P556 isn't as crappy..

·
Registered
681 Posts
Besides the obvious paperwork, what does it take to SBR that Sig? Is it just adding a stock? My dealer has one and I've wanted to buy it, cause it's so short but figured there was something too difficult in getting it to SBR status.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Besides the obvious paperwork, what does it take to SBR that Sig? Is it just adding a stock? My dealer has one and I've wanted to buy it, cause it's so short but figured there was something too difficult in getting it to SBR status.
After getting legal with the SBR stamp and markings, basically you remove the little cap currently on the end and mount the stock. At least that's what I've been told. I haven't checked into it too much yet because I need to get a couple things done to get my form signed first.

·
Registered
681 Posts
After getting legal with the SBR stamp and markings, basically you remove the little cap currently on the end and mount the stock. At least that's what I've been told. I haven't checked into it too much yet because I need to get a couple things done to get my form signed first.
Got no problem with the paperwork but I didn't think it was as simple as placing a stock on it. That's interesting.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Mine will probably be in 68spc, but we will have to see what they come out with. I am sure it will be similar to what is available now, just a new upper and oprod assembly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts