XCR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get a polished stainless steel barrel. Is there a finish I can put on it that will stay? (RRA-Predator Pursuit 20" Heavy Match Stainless)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Texas- Here is a stainless barrel I recently painted. It's a 16" stainless varmint. It's the second gun I've painted. I used a product from Brownell's called Aluma-Hyde. I painted my bolt gun first, the stock and barrel are Aluma Hyde. I just did the AR, and wanted the barrel black. It seems to have adhered very nicely. It took about a week to dry well. From what I can see it's going to stick pretty well. You might want to look into it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
magik- it's a 16" barrel with a full handguard and low profile gas block. I wanted to keep it short for urban applications. I wanted something to play around with so I just ordered an upper from double star. You know this thing shoots somewhere between .5 and .75 depending on the ammo. I didn't expect that. It shoots great and was cheap. I slapped it on a Bushmaster lower and got a PRS for it. I was actually using the lower between this upper and my 6.5 Grendel. Now that it's painted I have to get another for the Grendel.

Texas- I think that stuff is awesome. In fact I'm going to paint my 6.5 barrel black. Don't forget to order extra nozzles as well. The paint is about $9.00 a can and the nozzles are hit or miss so you'll want extra.

Juice- I hate to say it but I've got the paint bug now. If I was in that area we'd definitely have to share some ideas.

Glad you guys like it. I'm thinking about doing my XCR next.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts