XCR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what peoples thoughts/preferences where when it comes to stocks for their xcr's. Folding vs collapsing vs fixed? My only experience is with M4 style collapsing and fixed stocks.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Folding, but with an adjustable cheek piece to ensure good cheek weld and, ideally, adjustable length of pull.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I was wondering what peoples thoughts/preferences where when it comes to stocks for their xcr's. Folding vs collapsing vs fixed? My only experience is with M4 style collapsing and fixed stocks.
I think Prizm has a great set up.

CTR with cheek riser, folder.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
CAA do a nice version.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats the attraction to folding stocks? Is it just to keep it shorter when its slung because I can't imagen you'd ever have a need to actually fire it folded.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I think this is the best way to go personally. Short of Alex introducing the SCAR stock.

The short standard stock is nice too. It has just the right LOP out the box

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have yet to find a stock that makes me (completely) happy with the XCR. I'm hoping for a SCAR-style stock from Robarms. This thing really is the shiz, and fixes many of the sight-line issues the XCR has with AR components.

After spending some time with SCARs this last weekend, I'm pretty sure this would be an easy stock to adapt to the XCR. Moreover, it'd be easy to modify to allow it to lock closed, which the present folders do not. SCAR stocks are retained by a tab in the ejection port buffer. This has a recess that another tab on the stock itself pops into (all plastic, of course). It'd be very simple to modify the XCR's ejection port buffer in a similar manner.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How durable is the SCAR style stock? How much punishment do you think it could take without causing problems?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
How durable is the SCAR style stock? How much punishment do you think it could take without causing problems?
The true FN SCAR stock didnt feal very durable. If you smashed someone over the head, or dropped it I dont know how well it would hold up. The good thing is that these new stocks wont affect function if broken. That is an AR15 problem for the most part

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
If you want to beat people with your rifle (stock) I recomend the M14. For hardcore mayhem, you can't beat wood.
I dont know, going upside someones head with the standard XCR stock could be messy as hell. But yeah an M1A or Garand cant be beat for splitting melons

·
Registered
261 Posts
Here I was thinking I was the bad shot around here. Come on guys, 30 round magazines and you are still thinking about hitting the zombies over the head. You should practice more! ;D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yeah, the AR collapsible types look cool and definitely get the job done but I think the XCR is begging for its own unique stock treatment. I'll try to stick with the standard tube folder in hopes of a new setup coming from ROBARMS. If the new stock does not materialize soon however I will probably get the AR folding adapter and have a go at fashioning my own unique setup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts