XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking forward to my first XCR this fall or winter and already planning a future one. Because form 1 seems to be going way faster than form 4 these days, I’m considering going with a short barreled XCR for my second one and ordering without a stock; and ordering a stock separately. Does RA sell separate stocks? And are there any aftermarket options?

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Yes. They sell stocks separate. Yes, you can add an AR stock and buffer tube with the 2 different XCR adapters from RobArms or you can try to find a custom adapter for an ACR stock.

Scroll about 3/4 of the way down: Parts Guide - Robinson Armament Co.

and it will show you "XCR Stock Adapters"

You can also try and buy a used original style XCR stock....which is sort of a tube style like you'd see on AKs.....also pictured at the top of the link I just posted.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m definitely more interested in having an RA stock like a FAST 2 or 3 on there future pistol; I just don’t want to buy it at the same time and be forced through form 4’s insane delays. My recent experience with form 1 was 21 days so I’d prefer to go that route. (And not a fan of tube stocks… I was picturing something like a 1913 rail on the tailpiece and a SIG skeleton stock, which I think would be cool on an SBR.

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
I’m definitely more interested in having an RA stock like a FAST 2 or 3 on there future pistol; I just don’t want to buy it at the same time and be forced through form 4’s insane delays. My recent experience with form 1 was 21 days so I’d prefer to go that route. (And not a fan of tube stocks… I was picturing something like a 1913 rail on the tailpiece and a SIG skeleton stock, which I think would be cool on an SBR.
That's another option....provided you get in on the group buy for the pic rail set up.

Holy cow! 21 days for a form 1 is AWESOME.

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's another option....provided you get in on the group buy for the pic rail set up.

Holy cow! 21 days for a form 1 is AWESOME.
yeah I was happy with that turnaround time, too.
what’s the group buy? I will probably want to do that.

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
yeah I was happy with that turnaround time, too.
what’s the group buy? I will probably want to do that.
Nate (navalbeaver) was running it, IIRC. Not sure if it's been completed or if there are extras lying around for sale. Might check with him. He's damn good people!

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
102 Posts
My recent experience with form 1 was 21 days so I’d prefer to go that route. (And not a fan of tube stocks… I was picturing something like a 1913 rail on the tailpiece and a SIG skeleton stock, which I think would be cool on an SBR.
I am green with jealousy! That FBI agent must have had his Wheaties that morning (or full of coke from the evidence room the night before). Was it for an SBR or a suppressor?

I guess some people are cool with the FAST 2 stock; personally I'm glad to be off it but to each their own. I'd highly recommend the ACR stock+adapter combo for the best comfort; attached to the XCR it perfectly fills the ACR-shaped hole in my greasy heart. Leemajors appears to have put his ACR and 1913 adapters on clearance sale, so it might be prudent to snap one up real soon before they end up in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Chowwow, do you have a link to the page with his discounted adapters? Im not sure if I'm getting his old website or what but they seem to be still listed at full price.. also I maybe interested in the fast 2 stock you said you switched out, if it's just collecting dust that is.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Chowwow, do you have a link to the page with his discounted adapters? Im not sure if I'm getting his old website or what but they seem to be still listed at full price.. also I maybe interested in the fast 2 stock you said you switched out, if it's just collecting dust that is.
Sure. Link is: Lucky Irishman Tactical ACR adapter Now for $96 + shipping.

Be sure that the website says something to the effect of luckyirishman.net and not lifeindustries.net in the url box. I had my order get lost for a month because I bookmarked and ordered from the old URL, lol.

Keep in mind that the current batch is missing the QD mount and screw holes for the ACR sling mount. They are all black and you might have to widen the holes (just a bit) for the stock's roll pin to properly slip though to attach it to the stock itself. I'll spare you any more lamentations (and the less than gentlemanly discorse I contributed to) but I will say that I went through a lot of trouble to find all this out for myself and I just want everyone to adjust their expectations accordingly and not have the same problems I did. However, I'm not too proud to recommend a product that works well enough, and in my opinion the quality of the ACR stock makes it worthwhile. It's rigid, gives more than enough length of pull for my 5'11" height, and seems to suit the gun very well, like the final piece to a puzzle.

My FAST 2 is black if that is OK with you. I was actually planning on defacing it using it as a model for something, but if the stocks are that popular and there are that many XCRs that need this stock, I could live without going through with that project.

One more thing, has anyone gone and used a collapsing/telescopic stock on the XCR? Does the contour on the upper give enough space for a telescopic stock with cylindrical bars to fall into place over the receiver?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thank you, for the info on the adapter, I was on his old webpage. Never used one of the pdw stocks but I do have one of the strike industries braces and it's the ducks nuts! I never new I needed one of those in my life but once having it, it's cool as hell, also allows for the use of canted irons or rmr which the folder prohibited.

Black goes with everything, I would be interested in it.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Chowwow got my last ACR adapter. It is a nice setup but I preferred the 1913 options a little more.

Both of the MCX/1913 adapters allow the use of the sig/sb collapsing PDW style stock. The rods fit nicely into the contour just above the thick portion of the upper.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Black goes with everything, I would be interested in it.
PMed ya.

Chowwow got my last ACR adapter. It is a nice setup but I preferred the 1913 options a little more.
That wasn't me. I tried but, alas, it was the other bastard who would not quit that won. Cool beans about the telescoping stocks; it seems like the XCR pistols are designed for it.

Which collapsing stock is that? Link, please!
The collapsing Sig stock that'll scratch your MCX/MPX itch.

I'm still on the lookout for a collapsing stock with a bit more comfort and mass than the Sig stock. So far it's been Magpul that's got my number but I don't see them with any telescoping stocks yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’d like to know the measurement of the distance between the two struts (or whatever they are called) on that SIG collapsing stock — the inside measurement. I have a Scorpion SBR with a 1913 tailpiece that is begging for something like that stock.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I’d like to know the measurement of the distance between the two struts (or whatever they are called) on that SIG collapsing stock — the inside measurement. I have a Scorpion SBR with a 1913 tailpiece that is begging for something like that stock.
Better ask Sig that, but it looks too narrow for the Scorpion to me. The Scorpion seems very chunky in the middle (more so than any rifle I've seen) and I think will get in the way of the guide rods of the Sig stock unless you mount the stock higher and remove the two sling loops on either side of the receiver. Or you can get this thing from Title II arms:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SIG lists the width of the MCX as 71mm; the Scorpion is supposedly 60mm wide. I need to get mine out and measure but that sounds right to me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts