XCR Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here's an alternative stock idea. Especially if you are going to use the XCR for a pistol or SBR setup, it might be a good idea to get leemajors' XCR 1913 adapter, then pair the stock with the ACR to 1913 adapter from Haga Defense. That way the 1913 rail on the XCR can act as a pistol cap for times when you want to go stockless, then you can quickly attach the ACR stock when you need it. With the 1913 rail on the stock, you can also use it on other guns that you have with a 1913 rail such as the Sig MCX/MPX, CZ Scorpion, et al. It'll cost more initially and you'll be connecting adapters to adapters, but I suspect the Haga Defense adapter will fit more easily onto the stock and you'll save money on stocks by swapping the ACR stock around with your other guns (provided you are willing to put in the work and order 1913 adapters for all of your other guns). Might try to replace the socket head cap screws on the ACR stock 1913 rail with long thumb screws if you want to switch it around without carrying an allen or hex wrench. I considered doing this myself but with my rifle being a 16" competition length, it didn't make that much sense in my case.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It’s an interesting idea but I lean toward simpler setups; the idea of running two adapters on a gun doesn’t seem very elegant or practical. But if you do try it after all, let us know how you like it!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wonder what the length of pull would be with a 1913+ acr adapter+ acr stock, the acr stock looks a little long on the Robinson as it is even all the way collapsed.. might not be a problem for others who are taller I'm just built like a caveman.. a longer lop isn't necessarily a bad thing I like the way an hk91 feels but it's just not very easy to shoot it in a more modern squared up position much easier to shoot in more of an archers position.. I wonder if the Robinson with that setup would be similar, not like I care because I would put an acr stock on a 20" Robinson anyway..

·
Registered
155 Posts
I wonder what the length of pull would be with a 1913+ acr adapter+ acr stock, the acr stock looks a little long on the Robinson as it is even all the way collapsed.
I presume you got the thicker 1913 adapter?

By my eyes, it's not much longer than the direct XCR to ACR stock adapter, so the overall length would be lengthened by the Haga defense adapter by an additional .75-1". So just one more notch back on the stock otherwise.

On the original FAST, I had to pull it back to its longest setting and I was still aching for more LOP. Now with the ACR stock+adapter, I'm at the 5th notch of the stock with a couple more left to go, and I feel it's good to have options. However, of you're really short (like 4' 11"), it seems that even at its lowest setting the stock is nearly impossible to shoulder.

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
I presume you got the thicker 1913 adapter?

By my eyes, it's not much longer than the direct XCR to ACR stock adapter, so the overall length would be lengthened by the Haga defense adapter by an additional .75-1". So just one more notch back on the stock otherwise.

On the original FAST, I had to pull it back to its longest setting and I was still aching for more LOP. Now with the ACR stock+adapter, I'm at the 5th notch of the stock with a couple more left to go, and I feel it's good to have options. However, of you're really short (like 4' 11"), it seems that even at its lowest setting the stock is nearly impossible to shoulder.
All depends on what you're used to.....with body armor on, you need significantly less LoP. Most modern stances are nose to charging handle or pretty choked up unless you're doing long range work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ya that's the version of the 1913 adapter I got, and I'm like 5'7" but have very little neck, so most ar type weapons I run the stocks completely collapsed.. makes using pdw style stocks/braces super handy. But that being said I can adapt to most any LOP. And that's good to know about the acr stock+ adapter it just looks really long in photos.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts