XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Nice work G8.

Hey Super, what light and mount is that?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks great!

I also love the picture of the XCR and your Tactical 22 together lol.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, that's 10/22 is pure evil! LOL :)
The XCR took about 6 hours, including all the prep work of masking, degreasing, disassembly, reassembly, etc...
If you're thinking of doing it yourself, there are several good tutorials online and I'd be glad to help with any questions as well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think you posted this elsewhere but i can't remember. What colors are those on the XCR?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you posted this elsewhere but i can't remember. What colors are those on the XCR?
"Tactical" OD green. Their "Tactical" colors are super flat with little sheen.
The lower is a mix of German Olive Gray and Black. It's a 50/50 mix.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That combination does a pretty good job of breaking up with profile of the weapon
Thank you, Spencer did a good job of picking the colors. The grayish color doesn't look so blue in person. It look like more of a deep, dark gray.
I got my XCR back from Waylon today and it is incredible. I couldn't be happier. The pictures seem to cast the gray with a slight blue hue, but not so in person. Awesome job and Thank You!

·
Registered
571 Posts
gr8santini, you are the man.

I love your work. I've been seeing your paint jobs ever since I started lurking on black rifle forums and they always get positive comments. Deservedly so, I say.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Great work! I like the clever paint rack.

SheepDog :2rifle:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, that's 10/22 is pure evil! LOL :)
The XCR took about 6 hours, including all the prep work of masking, degreasing, disassembly, reassembly, etc...
If you're thinking of doing it yourself, there are several good tutorials online and I'd be glad to help with any questions as well.
Any chance you could give us some links to those tutorials or tell us the best keywords to use in searching for them? That's about the most beautiful gun I've ever seen by the way!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Great job (AGAIN) gr8, An XCR in the same pattern as the 10-22 would be awsome. :2cents:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts