XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a recent Instagram comment thread, RobArms noted that suppressors can be used on any XCR except 9.5” barrels. Anyone know why? I have shot my 9.5” suppressed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That doesn't make sense. Both of my 9.5" are blackout length and they suppress fine? Maybe he's talking about 7.62 or 5.56 subs being under gassed, but they should work with a blackout length system.

·
Registered
22,799 Posts
On a recent Instagram comment thread, RobArms noted that suppressors can be used on any XCR except 9.5” barrels. Anyone know why? I have shot my 9.5” suppressed.
Probably b/c a certain someone used a sealed can on a 9.5" .308 (In his defense, RA didn't say you couldn't)....and it beat the gun to shit. They then told him on a 9.5" .308 you should be using a flow through can.

I'm guessing this "new" 9.5" rule is an overreaction to that.

I've shot my 9" X39 with no issues...but, that's with a flow through can.

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The backflow of gas on my 9.5” 5.56 in setting 1 with suppressor is still too much for me, so I doubt that I’ll mess up the bolt doing it very much, even if that’s possible. I need a flow-through suppressor.

·
Registered
22,799 Posts
The backflow of gas on my 9.5” 5.56 in setting 1 with suppressor is still too much for me, so I doubt that I’ll mess up the bolt doing it very much, even if that’s possible. I need a flow-through suppressor.
Just sux that the Form 4 wait is so long.

·
Registered
22,799 Posts
Apparently they are bringing e-forms online for form 4. My form 1 e-form went relatively quickly so perhaps things will speed up.
They have to speed things up considering what they're likely about to try to implement with pistol braces and SBRs.

Good to hear the Form 4s may be going e-form.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I hadn't heard. I've got a 7.5 300 that's fine suppressed and usually needs setting 2 to lock back with my cheap range Ammo. I've shot the 9.5 300 without issue a well. All my other stuff is 10 or longer. You can't do it tucked and you'd have to get creative with the piston head but I've found the type 0 to be more restrictive than the type 3 and have to use the second lowest setting(of 4) to get reliable cycling on my 11" with a Rex mg7 can. Haven't tried a flow through yet.

Sean, I'm assuming/hoping the gun runs cleaner with a flow through. At this point of tuned lots of ARs with various buffers, springs, gas blocks, adjustable carriers and extended gas tube. They're all dirty.

·
Registered
22,799 Posts
I hadn't heard. I've got a 7.5 300 that's fine suppressed and usually needs setting 2 to lock back with my cheap range Ammo. I've shot the 9.5 300 without issue a well. All my other stuff is 10 or longer. You can't do it tucked and you'd have to get creative with the piston head but I've found the type 0 to be more restrictive than the type 3 and have to use the second lowest setting(of 4) to get reliable cycling on my 11" with a Rex mg7 can. Haven't tried a flow through yet.

Sean, I'm assuming/hoping the gun runs cleaner with a flow through. At this point of tuned lots of ARs with various buffers, springs, gas blocks, adjustable carriers and extended gas tube. They're all dirty.
Granted, I don't have a ton of rounds down range with mine....300ish at each session.....I haven't cleaned anything; not mags, or the gun itself though while fucking around changing out to a 9.5" bbl I did wipe some carbon off the bolt/carrier....but didn't notice any more than usual with no can.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I’ve got a 9.5” 300 that stays suppressed and haven’t had an issue.

I did just pick up a 9.5” 5.56 barrel from Dom though and have t had time to shoot it. Planning on only shooting it suppressed as well.

Do you have a link to the post or comment your are referring to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,799 Posts
Odd that whoever wrote that didn't mention the 7.5" micros....

·
Registered
533 Posts
@TTEngineer It in the comments under the post with the FN SCAR.
View attachment 15526
The one where it’s XCR Vs SCAR?

If so, they deleted it. I don’t see any of those comments posted above.

Edit: oh it’s on Instagram. I found it. I replied and we will see what they say. I was looking at Facebook prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m not seeing your reply. Anyhow, if anyone hears why RA thinks 9.5 is no good for suppressors — beyond a certain contributor here having problems hahaha — please post it here.

·
Registered
22,799 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and why not exclude the even shorter barrels then? Plus they have featured XCRs with short barrels and suppressors in their Insta posts. :/

·
Registered
22,799 Posts
and why not exclude the even shorter barrels then? Plus they have featured XCRs with short barrels and suppressors in their Insta posts. :/
Looking on RA's site, it appears the 9.5" is the shortest M you can get. I have to assume RA meant Ms with longer than 9.5" bbls can run any suppressor....but the 9.5" is too short to do so. That would explain why the 7.5" bbls aren't mentioned.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts