XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in acquiring a tactical vest. I am curious to see pics of your vests and what you have on it.

Things I am interested in fir a vest are:

1. Affordable. I can't see paying $200 + for it.

2. Ability to place at least three 3mag pouches.

3. Ability for pistol mags

4. Velcro or MOLLE

5. Light weight

:dontknow:

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I bought this vest from 1337tactical for $90. Added the double pistol pouches on top for another $20. Cool part about this vest is it is also a plate carrier in case you you are rich enough and in shape enough to carry them. Each slot can hold three 5.56 mag, or one 20-round .308 magazine. I normally just put 2 mags per slot for 10 total because it gets pretty dam heavy with 15!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Could I possibly talk you into considering a leg rig? I bought a real nice chest rig some time ago and after using it regularly for four months my back simply couldn't take it any longer. It was exactly what all my friends had warned me of because of their previous experiences :duh:. My load was 9 mags of 5.56, 4 clips of 9mm, first aid supplies, map, compass, notepad, binos and one or two other odds and ends. I did 8 months on foot with the leg rig and never looked back. If you wanted to carry more than 4 mags you can probably get a plate carrier like Cartman posted for dirt cheap and just attach the MOLLE style pouch. You get a lot more options to expand and contract your load too...but that's just my taste. Oh-total cost for belt and 4 mag leg pouch-about $70. :ninja: :2cents:

·
Registered
636 Posts
The first chest rig I went with was Blackhawk's D.O.A.V. System. It is a good system but I did not like it. The mag pouches at too high. I am more used to the a.l.i.c.e. web gear system. So then I went with again Blackhawk but I got their LRAK Rifleman Kit, in green. I like it alot. It will carry just about everything I would need. The mag pouches are at just the right height for me. To me the LRAK Rifleman Kit is in line with the old a.l.i.c.e. web gear system.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Do a search on here for the rig that Tzoid had custom made. It looks real nice and I plan to get one just like it. We have some OK stuff in the military, the interceptor not being one of them (just my opinion, our flight stuff is better).

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
For the budget you are looking at Merom Dolphin and Arktis are out, so i'd go with something from SKD Tactical.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
All my gear goes on body armor but I second Tactical Tailor. Started by a GI. His brother runs it now since he died in a car wreck. Their stuff is MOLLE compatible. The malice clips can be a pain sometimes but they are secure. Their MAV or their modular vest can be set up any way you see fit and then you can change it later to meet your needs or if you don't like something. Generally I steer clear of Blackhawk since most, not all, but most, of their gear is made off-shore.

The vest is your 'fighting load' and should contain only what you need to fight. Figure out what you would need for a limited amount of time, say one day, anything else can go in your "3-day" bag. Bullets, IFAK, maybe a water bottle, comms, maybe a small maintenance kit, and a decent utility pouch that you can throw stuff into in a hurry (empties, etc).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Figure out what you would need for a limited amount of time, say one day, anything else can go in your "3-day" bag. Bullets, IFAK, maybe a water bottle, comms, maybe a small maintenance kit, and a decent utility pouch that you can throw stuff into in a hurry (empties, etc).
Sound advice.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Do you need to be able to wear it under clothing, will you be operating in or out of vehicles or is this just for taking rifle courses?

If you intend to be getting in and out of vehicles check the length when sitting and also the "bulk" on the sides of the vest.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My LCE has never let me down, lightweight, quick to put on and take off, and I can wrap it around a plate carrier if I need to. I have never understood the "walking supply depot" thinking. 2 mag pouches, 6+1 mags, and a full canteen is all I need.

G

·
I'm selling some brand new gear at gunshows. I really like this specter rig. It's well made and exactly what a civilian can use.

It's concealable, light, carries enough mags for a gunfight or a trip home, or for gun games, and is darned affordable.

I have them in coyote, black, ACU

I could sell you the chest rig with the 2 pistol mag pouch plus a dump pouch for $135 plus shipping in either ACU or Black

The rig will hold 3 AK or M14 size mags or 6 AR mags. the pistol pouch holds just about any standard magazine. The dump pouch holds like 6-8 AR mags and hooks on a belt and rolls up out of the way when not being used. you can also use it to put spare mags or loos rounds in too or gloves or whatever. they are a really hand piece of gear.

Anyway, you can get a darn fine set up brand new for peanuts and it'll do whatever you will probably need short of assaulting a battalion of specops guys.

I have coyote too, but no pistol mag pouches or dump pouch in that color. this gear is all brand new and un-used. (I'm a dealer)

I also have some nice shoulder bags that work as bug out bags or tactical gear, but I cant advertise all of them on the internet due to a promise I made (maker has a conflict of interest with another seller). if you are interested let me know and I can email you some pics and prices.

this is also the stuff I choose to use after trying may other more expensive options.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Has anyone used "Diamondback Tactical"? How about "Ops Gear"? Both seem affordable. Diamond Back states their stuff is 100% US material and made. Ops Gear seems mostly to "say imported". :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Diamondback Tactical makes good stuff but make sure they have what you want "in-stock" before ordering. Some buds have had trouble.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts