XCR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen Taken yet? I went to see it last night at the theater here in Iraq and really enjoyed it. Probably one of the more entertaining movies I have seen over here. I also found out that Filter is supposed to be playing on concert over here next weekend but alas, I will be home by then. I would love to see Filter but would rather be home.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I saw Taken last week and it was great. I'd like to think that if I was in the same situation I would do the same... I have a teenage daughter.... Liam Neeson was a great actor and really enjoyed the the whole premis of the film. "Which one is Marco?" "I spoke to you two days ago." That was just awsome.....

·
Registered
332 Posts
I saw it opening night and thought it was excellent. I'm afraid I may have upset the couple my wife and I saw it with when i cheered on Liam Neeson for his actions while having dinner at his french friends house.

Also, the movie made me seriously reconsider my position on not needing a 9mm with a 19 round mag capacity in leiu of my 1911 ;D.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I liked the "I was a Preventer".

·
Registered
49 Posts
I saw it last week at a friends house and then again this weekend with my girlfriend since I had promised to see it with her. I thought it was fun, but the acting was a little mediocre. What I found odd was that there were certain scenes that were in the trailer and were in the downloaded copy my friend had that were different in the theatrical release I saw. The electric chair scene in particular was a little less gruesome in the theater.

·
Registered
571 Posts
My wife and I saw it yesterday.

We both really enjoyed it. Definitely one of the better movies we've seen this year.

I also enjoyed the "dinner scene". It really brought out the fact that Brian would stop at nothing to get what he was looking for.

·
Registered
327 Posts
My daughter and I went to watch this on sunday. Was an awesome movie and tink everyone should go and see it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah the one I watched didnt have the scene here he took the 2 nails and drove them into the guys legs, that was the only thing that disappointed me about the movie. Other than that it was freaking awesome.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Anyone seen Taken yet? I went to see it last night at the theater here in Iraq and really enjoyed it. Probably one of the more entertaining movies I have seen over here. I also found out that Filter is supposed to be playing on concert over here next weekend but alas, I will be home by then. I would love to see Filter but would rather be home.
Theater in Iraq!?!?!? What the hell have you guys done to my war zone!!!!!????

Anyway I wanna see this movie but as the wife has no interest in it I'll have to wait for the dvd, sigh. What exactly does the main character in this movie do that he has those "special skills" or however he put it?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Theater in Iraq!?!?!? What the hell have you guys done to my war zone!!!!!????
Been awhile since you've had the chance to go back? It's garrison forward these days, unless you're on one of the FOB's or OP's. For those who are condemned to sitting inside the wire, it's a bad day when there are only 30 flavors of Baskin Robins to choose from ::)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Been awhile since you've had the chance to go back? It's garrison forward these days, unless you're on one of the FOB's or OP's. For those who are condemned to sitting inside the wire, it's a bad day when there are only 30 flavors of Baskin Robins to choose from ::)
Ya unfortunitly I'm out of the army now. Sad Face. Well its good that things are so much calmer now. What do you do that you stay inside the wire all the time, mechanic? admin? Commo?

I actually thought we had it pretty nice when I was in Baghdad. Between patrols we had nice cozzy little beds to rest our heads on, and most of the time AC. As fare as I was concerned it was Infantry heaven.

Although I do remeber one time some ass trying to tell one of my guys at the chow hut that we couldn't go in because our uniforms where durty when we had just got in off a 12 hour patrol. From then on I didn't much like those who stayed in the wire so much. I do believe the next time we went to the chow hut my squad rolled around on the ground in our "motor pool" just before walkin over.

Aw the good ol days.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yeah, we had some guys like that...one was a SgtMaj that wouldn't let you go in the chow hall if you weren't up to par. I came off of a 24 hour post working on a high profile case and he stopped me on my way to chow for not having a weapon. I about got into it (I was a Sgt at the time)...I always carry concealed because of certain obligations and this POS had never stepped foot into an actual area where he had to even consider unholstering his weapon. I can't stand that shit. If you have to stay on the base, hey, that's your job...but don't think you are setting a standard in a time of war by having creases in your trousers. I'm not having any of that shit.

As for my role, my first tour I was a fire direction controlman, my second and third I was an operator and my last I was a liaison for the teams. It kept me inside the wire but it was better as I'd damaged my ankle pretty bad early on in my third tour and sucked it up for 5 months. I don't have much ligament left in my ankle these days.

Yeah, those days on the ground sure were good...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts