XCR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first XCR and I'm finding that the LOP is too short with the standard folding stock.
I'm about 6'3" and have maybe a 36-37" sleeve length. I was wondering if there were any other's with the same issue and what you've done to remedy it, i.e. which stocks etc...

You think Terra would take my folder in on trade?

Regards

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ok I am new to the whole Real Steel slang what does LOP stand for?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Length of Pull
Ok so is that related to the rifle stock placed in the shoulder when you are firing the weapon??? Sorry for the noobtastic questions.

G

·
the correct length of pull is typically measured from the first joint of the index finger to the inside crook of the elbow.

some like it longer others shorter. but that is good starting point.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I am 6'2" and find the folder LOP to be just about right for my comfort zone... I'm sure you could probably find someone to trade you for the M4 folding adapter though if you want to go longer. Or wait it out for the new stock which should have adjustable LOP.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I'm 6'4" and have the M4 folding stock adapter with a VLTOR stock. Some people criticize the M4 type stocks on the XCR, but mine fits me well. Having lived through the last AWB, I'm just giddy about having a mag fed semi auto that had a folding AND collapsible stock!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'm 6'3 and my xcr has the follapsible adapter and ctr stock on a vltor 5 position tube. I shoot on position 2.

the correct length of pull is typically measured from the first joint of the index finger to the inside crook of the elbow.

some like it longer others shorter. but that is good starting point.
LOL, when I first read this I looked at my finger to elbow spread and figured, "No way, that's too long." But I grabbed the tape measure and I'll be darned, 14 inches. Same lop as my xcr setup ;D

What's the lop on the standard xcr folders anyway?

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Just to be clear length of pull is measured from the face of the trigger to the middle of the butt of the stock.
This is not actually what length of pull means,but is like you mentioned a good starting point for determining what yours personal L.O.P. might be,but your mileage may vary so you still have to determine what works for you by shouldering the rifle.I find that I can adjust to different positions on a collapsable stock depending on optics placement or scope eye relief,it's less of an issue of course with a red dot,or holograpic sight as eye relief isn't critical.Shoulder the rifle with your eyes closed,that will be your natural starting point,then adjust optics(eye relief) to your head positioning from there.Hope this makes sense to everyone.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm 6'4" and I like the LOP of the standard tube folder. But with a 16" HBAR you don't want it hanging too far in front of you. :2cents:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
If you want something longer contact Terra, I am sure that she would be able to help you.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
No spacers that I know of. I can offer you a 14" LOP folder, if you'd like. Just mail in your original stock with a note requesting something longer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to everyone for the info. I think I'm gonna wait for the alledged new stock.

But since I'm somewhat of an assault rifle newb, what are you looking for with the LOP? Is there a hard and fast rule? Is it strictly a comfort thing?

Regards

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the info. I think I'm gonna wait for the alledged new stock.

But since I'm somewhat of an assault rifle newb, what are you looking for with the LOP? Is there a hard and fast rule? Is it strictly a comfort thing?

Regards
Not sure about rules, but for me shorter tends to feel better. I shoot my AR15's 1 click open, and I'm using the shorter entry stock on my XCR. Long LOP sucks.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Shorter LOP keeps my elbows tucked against my body. Elbows tucked=good support. Good support is more control and better shooting.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Tucked elbows means less mass for the bad guy to shoot at too...

It really sucks when someone shoots off your elbows... :mad:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts