XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This will be my first topic on this forum. It is soooo exciting! However, serious question now ....

I have noticed as of late a lot of you are painting your rifles with either tan or OD green (even pink which a psychologist probably could say a lot about but I digress :eek:

Anyhow, why did you choose tan over green. In my neck of the woods the tan would be out of colour for the local background. I would have thought that to be the same in most of the U.S.A. I have noticed many firearms are now in "dessert tan" from the factory. Is this a "support for the troops" thing?

Just curious.

BTW, all the paint jobs I have seen have been spectacular! Amazing work really.

Cheers,

M.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I moly/teflon'd mine in "dark earth", or what is commonly called 'baby poo', because it adapts to both brown and green backgrounds. In natural light it looks a little bit of either, depending what the background is.

A lot of the makers are cranking out what they call flat dark earth colors that are really just tan. It's all a preference thing I 'spose. I got tired of having plain black rifles and was bored one evening after work.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Depends on where you are in the USA.

I'm in the desert plateaus. Over a mile high in elevation, but desert - tons of juniper and sage.

Anything that appears "foliage green" just sticks out. What is commonly referred to as flat dark earth doesn't do so badly.

The patterns that seem to do well here are three color desert, multicam, or woodland if it has been washed to the point the black is mostly faded out.

So the tans / browns do OK, and greens do too as long as they're more sage than bright. I went with tan 'cause there are months when even the sage is brown..... easier to look like a dead bush among the live bushes than it is to look like the sole live bush among the dead.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I think that if done correctly Flat Dark Earth blends in pretty much anywhere. When I think of Flat Dark Earth I think of the brown on a deer's back. It blends in just about anywhere. I have seen some pretty tan variations of FDE but in the end FDE should be a light Brown color, at least in my opinion. A mix of light foliage green (not OD Green) and FDE would be a killer pattern if done correctly.

I think some of us just like to be different (me included).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Tell the truth I like Terra's. On the practical side, I live in a resort town known for it's large and flamboyant gay population, so probably the best camo color is pink, anyway.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Holy crap! Screw the zombies. I just got this vision. Battalions of drag queens sallying forth from the gay bars, unstoppable in their size 11 lexan spikes, rainbow banners flying as they advance in step to Barbra Striesand tunes! I only have 300rds on hand. Gotta get loading asap!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't forget Judy Garland and Madonna!

Blaine Edwards - Pink rifle? "Come on out da closet, don't be afraid to be who you is."

Antoine Merriweather - XCR Rifle? "Three words, Fab-U-Lous!"

Blaine Edwards - "I hope it's loaded!"

I work a side job at Neiman Marcus and it may be surprising how many of our "fabulous friends" are gun owning Republicans. They have a vested interest in firearms ownership and they know why too. Hitler marched them straight into the concentration camps and gas chambers along with the Roma and the Jews.

All kidding aside, let's support our allies at Pink Pistols. http://www.pinkpistols.org/ ;D

·
Registered
874 Posts
All the power to them, if we hope to win this war you need to have people of all walks of life, faiths, ethinicities and sexual orientations. Every gun owning conservative supporter is exactly that a gun owning conservative supporter.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Normally I'd agree with you but, 100% polyester t-shirts? Pleeeeze! Cotton hasn't made it to the endangered species list quite yet. Something with feathers would be even better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts