XCR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I picked up my XCR a little over a week ago and I am starting to accessorize it.

I really wanted to add a SAW grip. For the life of me I couldn't get it on. Am
I retarded or something? It seemed the relief hole was way too narrow so I returned
it.

Do I need to buy a dremel to get grips to fit this thing? ::) How easy does the MIAD install?

TIA

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
The MIAD goes right on.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Thats strange,it should take any AR grip.I guess it don't matter know but how much did you try to "persuede"it to go on?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pushed with everything I had ;D
It was just too narrow.  I am sure I could've filed the
plastic down with sand paper or a dremel.
A hammer or mallett might've done the trick but I don't know how
hard on the receiver that would be.

I may get another one and try again, I really like the look/feel of the saw grip.
However, I just saw an ad for an XCR-L and apart from being sbr'ed it had a MIAD . . .

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
My TAPCO went right on. ??? I have this style on several (AR,AK,SKS & XCR) rifles and like it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have a MIAD. It was a little tight, and maybe has a little bit of a gap left between it and the lower, but I think it looks ok. I saw a on this forum by someone who filed on the grip a little, to get a perfect fit. I didn't find this to be necessary. YMMV.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
You can heat it a *little* with a blow dryer to soften it up. Be careful though and don't melt it, soften it up. :) Notice I said a *little*!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My TAPCO went right on. ??? I have this style on several (AR,AK,SKS & XCR) rifles and like it.
Interesting. Maybe I will pick another one up and see if my luck improves.

Thanks for all of the replies. If my Tapco luck doesn't improve, I'll get the MIAD.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Like you mentioned,just hit the inside of the SAW grip with a fine file too to increase the distance between the two sides.Be carefull or you'll take too much and it'll be sloppy.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Heh he said sloppy :laughposter:

·
Registered
594 Posts
So, for those of you who have used the SAW Grip- how robust is it? It sits well in my hand on my Tapco T6, but I am wondering if there are any issues with them breaking or cracking.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Like I said "I have the TAPCO grip on several of my rifles." It works great. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I have one on my FAL, AK-47 and XCR. They have been nothing but solid for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts