XCR Forum banner

Targets

17K views 59 replies 22 participants last post by  wristlock 
#1 ·
It was brought up in another thread so I thought I would start one with some of the targets I have on digits. I didn't make any of these, just got them offline from different sites. Guys, please feel free to post up any that you may have that you like to use

LEX, if you want this somewhere else let me know.

Attachments

#56 ·
Thanks for the target links and the great tips!

I bought a pretty good target from...

http://www.gttargets.com/targetsandbases.htm

For the folks in the Northeast USA, they are made somewhere near the Norristown, PA.

I insisted on a 1/2" AR500 target. One of my buddies shot a 12 ga. slug at it from about 14 yrds. NOT recommended! Lead splatter this close could be dangerous! It left a wide but shallow crater on the plate.

Here we are shooting pistols at it. It gives a nice ring with the hits.
http://pasig.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album02

Tom

#57 ·
Cratered a 1/2" AR500 plate with a slug?? Holy cow!

Speaking of spatter - even the auto poppers kick some debris back at you with closer ranges (~15 yards).

On our last outing (with Aussie and va_plinker) - I got hit twice in the gut while shooting my P229 .357SIG

Didn't break the skin, but stung like hell. Safety glasses are a MUST too!

I didn't experience this with any other caliber.

Has anyone ever shot a hanging gong target? Know anyone who sells them?

The setup I saw a guy using one time was sweet... a simple tripod with a hanging rectangular piece of 1/2" armor plate suspended in the middle.

#59 ·
Has anyone ever shot a hanging gong target? Know anyone who sells them?

Some folks at our gun club go down to the railroad tracks and pick up the thick steel plates the tracks sit on. When they replace the ties or spikes they leave them on the side of the tracks most of the time, around here anyways. They use some kind of shop fashioned hanging device and tripod. Now they're shooting either lead or the plated bullets mostly, and I don't believe they are rated for anything other than to support a railroad track, but for the price of "free" they seem to take a serious beating. Danger close for steel at our range is 25m, and shooting those or the purpose built speedwells, etc I've never had bullet spash on the line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.