XCR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info the co. never emailed me back w/ my Q. Which versions would you prefer the folding stock long bbl or fixed stocked models. I plan on moving far away from CA but not in the near future unfortunately. Which model would be easiest to get back to free states conformation?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I live in Ca. and use my XCR weekly (approaching 4500 rds now). I purchased the model 3 which has the non folding stock. It is extremely easy to change out the stock. Changing the flashhider is another story. The monster man grip version, well that just not an option for me. Mainly due to look and feel.

The Monster Man grip allows for the detachable 10rd mags. The model 3 uses the "Bullet Button". The "Bullet Button" has allot of case law behind it. The Monster Man I believe does not. A locking 10rd mag is far easier to defend when facing a jury of 12 than a detachable 10rd mag.

Go with the model 3 it is the closest to a fully operational XCR, and is less hassle to own than the other two models. But enough said, which ever way you go, you will find XCR to be an outstanding rifle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks bkeeper (are you really an apiarist?) what do you like about the v3 over the v1? I wanted the folding stock, I don't care about the flash hider (I wonder why they don't call it a muzzle brake? they must be from a free state) what is hard about removing/changing is it welded on? what bbl length is your model 3? How different is the heavy bbl is that only for the 6.8SPC? thanks again you gave good insights to the case law I never even considered that. I have the KelTec SU16CA and wanted something more substantial. I have no doubts that this is a good weapon system I once saw their M96 at a gun show and was impressed and since in another life I was familiar with the Stoner 63, Armalite AR-18, and Daewoo K2 rifles I figured they (RobArm) have something really good to offer here.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wow. I never really looked into what the Kalifornia gun restrictions involved.

Our House/Senate just passed a CCW expansion bill (now if the Gov will just sign it) allowing us to carry in more places. PLUS the next city up the road has a city law requiring home owners to keep a gun in their house. That's our anti-crime law.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No I'm not a apiarist, the "bkeeper" came from me somehow allways getting bees in my patrol cars. It became a running joke.

Back to XCR. I have the heavy barrel model in 16" 5.56, it is not much heavier than the light barrel in my view. A few ounces is not a big deal for me not to mention makes a rifle with very low recoil already, to feel even less.

As for folding stocks, WHY? Call me old school but I was taught to shoulder a rifle when I fire it. Maybe for storage a folding stock would make sense, but with the CA. complaint extended muzzle break you do not really save on length. The stock that comes with the model 3 is very close in length to a M4 stock fully closed.

They call it a muzzle break because in that configuration if it was a flash hider it would became an evil assault rifle by Ca. law.

If you must have the folding stock you can be purchased one at any time and install it by removing one screw(although this would make you a felon in Ca.). I would say wait, save the extra $$$ and buy the model 3. Robinson is working on an improved stock for the XCR that is far better than the ones currently offered and my work out to be Ca. complaint.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Oh man... bees...

I was driving through town once, arm out the window, enjoying the sunshine. Next thing I knew, a giant bumble bee (this thing was a mutant... It was twice the size of a normal bee!) comes flying through the window and lands on my lap.

I stood up off the seat while still trying to drive. Managed to get off the road and leap out. I look back in the car and that bee was stinging the **** out of my seat. Thank god it wasn't my lap!!! :eek: I scraped the fella up in a gatorade bottle and left him on the side of the road, still stinging. I figured he'd crawl out and get back to his hive.

Completely off topic, I know. :-X

·
Registered
44 Posts
LOL!!! It use to happen to me once or twice a week. You would think in a built up urban city there wouldn't be so many freaking mean bees. All I can say is that bullet proof vest work well against bee stings!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info I am a pretty patient person I guess I shall wait and see what they have to offer. Can you reply when any new info is out? I am so busy with other projects one of which is reloading and sighting in for one of these, and refinishing the stock

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I noticed on the Robarm website that they are offering buyer/ffl sales direct for the CA Legal models but for some reason only give online pricing for the models 2 & 3. I will email them about the model 1 that I want. I don't know what the options are for that one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts