XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
There will be the spare pieces from the old trigger assembly.

Will there be any credit for returning them when you get the new one?

Possible to return in advance and get credit on the order?

·
Registered
345 Posts
There will be the spare pieces from the old trigger assembly.

Will there be any credit for returning them when you get the new one?

Possible to return in advance and get credit on the order?
If they don't offer you credit on the used parts, send me a PM. I would be interested in purchasing the parts to use as spares.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Now, my dealer tells me that all new rifles should have the new trigger on them, including the one I just ordered. I guess he's misinformed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is an update about the triggers on the Robarm website. I just picked up my XCR's and they don't have the new trigger in them yet.

·
Registered
356 Posts
There is an update about the triggers on the Robarm website. I just picked up my XCR's and they don't have the new trigger in them yet.
Terra or someone else will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the new match trigger will replace the existing triggers in rifles that come off the line. I believe they are/will be optional upgrades. :2cents:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just installed the heavy hammer spring. The trigger is now a good bit heavier, but at least the horrible on-again/off-again stumbling creep that passes for two stages is gone. It's an improvement.

·
Registered
129 Posts
To me, it's great exercise for my sense of humor (such as it is). Pay $1700 for a gun, which price of course includes a couple of luxury accessories like a stock and sights. Then, to make it shoot, you have to work on the trigger with a file and sandpaper! I figure I'm lucky not to have bought a $3000 rifle. I'd probably need a welding torch and jack hammer to make the thing go bang.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
You're not the first person to get pissed off with the trigger situation. Alex made promises about a new trigger over twelve months ago so don't hold your breath. Meantime either work it yourself or send your lower to Bill Springfield.

Personally I think the stock triger is crap, simply because it is inconsistent. The fact that after coating the working parts are not finish machnied is insulting to a customer but Alex feels differently.

I worked on my own trigger and got a semi-acceptable feel and consistency from it but am waiting to see what the 'new' trigger will be like. Worst case I can use Bill's talents either on the existing or new units.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Pay 00 for a gun, which price of course includes a couple of luxury accessories like a stock and sights. Then, to make it shoot, you have to work on the trigger with a file and sandpaper
I have to say I agree with this one.When I first had my trigger reset problem,I was feeling pretty upset too.After dealing with this myself and figuring out(myself) what exactly was going on,I'm almost glad it happened.It gave me the motivation I needed to take this thing apart and work on it.If that would never have happened I wouldn't probably still know how.Now I have the experience and knowledge that if anything comes up in the future,I feel confident I could handle myself.That's a great feeling by the way.
Now as far as the idea of paying that much for a rifle and having to do your own trigger work,You are absolutely right.It's one thing to have a less than great trigger pull/feel but,When you have these trigger reset issues when seems to be fairly common,It does nothing good for your reputation.Terra is GREAT,don't get wrong wrong at all.The whole point however is that this is a known issue and has not been addressed soon enough.Some people are not as understanding as me and one loud screaming voice on some forum,can give you a bad name.
I know they are working on a new trigger,well that's fine.However they should have changed a few specs or something in order to make the current trigger reliable out of the box instead of using the crutch of them being a "break in" issue.I think every firearm needs to be broken in,but that doesn't mean it should have mechanical issues while doing so.I don't think that's too much to ask.Believe me this is in no way a flame on Robinson or all the great people there,in fact the reason I'm bitching is because I don't want anyone else to have this problem and possibly give them bad P.R. because of it.I love my XCR and other than some heirlooms,would be the last one to go.I feel this system is one of the best and has great potential for far more than we've seen so far.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Tap-rack-bang

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Alex told me the other day that the design was about where they wanted it, and that production on those would be starting.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts