XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the XCR-L build page. After thinking about caliber conversions, I am liking the idea of getting the .300 Blackout barrel to provide another option on the .223 rifle I plan to order. I noticed that the page for the exposed gas block rifle does not include a .300 Blackout caliber option. I thought this offered a opportunity to test the customer service with a question.

At about 11 AM yesterday, I fired off the question "Hey, is there a reason the exposed gas block rifle is not offered with .300 Blackout? I was looking at that to go with the .223 I plan to order."

At 11:30 AM, I received a response: "Yes, we have a conversion kit and it will come with the barrel, rod, and gas tube, the other parts do not need to be changed..."

At Noon, I received a second, longer response: "You are very observant. If you are only running supersonic ammo, we can make you a barrel to work with the longer gas tube. If you are running subsonic ammo, you would also need the shorter gas system to match the ammo..."

Quick, solid, detailed answers.

I'm impressed and pretty confident about my upcoming purchase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Prepare to be.... not as impressed.

I'd put some money down that an order placed now is looking at 6-8 months before you see anything with a good chance of being longer than that.

I'm still waiting on stuff from last September with a "8-10 week" lead time.
Yes.
I have heard about the wait.
(It sounds like they are prioritizing completed rifles over parts?)
I did not ask about the length in my inquiry. I'm hoping it's not a situation where answers come fast to get the order, and then avoided when asking where the order is.
Alternately, some places get swamped and discourage new orders by ignoring questions. Not the case here.
Between waiting for the stimulus check, and seeing if Feinstein decides to add "Robinson" and "XCR" to the named list on her gun ban bill (not on the list, but every feature of the rifle is on the list of evilness that is sure to bring about human extinction), I have a tiny bit more time to waffle before jumping.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes.
I have heard about the wait.
(It sounds like they are prioritizing completed rifles over parts?)
I did not ask about the length in my inquiry. I'm hoping it's not a situation where answers come fast to get the order, and then avoided when asking where the order is.
Alternately, some places get swamped and discourage new orders by ignoring questions. Not the case here.
Between waiting for the stimulus check, and seeing if Feinstein decides to add "Robinson" and "XCR" to the named list on her gun ban bill (not on the list, but every feature of the rifle is on the list of evilness that is sure to bring about human extinction), I have a tiny bit more time to waffle before jumping.
The customer service is Terrible.
I ordered back in October, It was decent when I ordered slow but nothing to cry about. Then about 2-3 months ago it went to complete shit. I asked a question and was told I’ll ask the shop and get back to you, never got a response. I then waiting for the 14 week mark, the time frame I was given that the rifle would be done so I asked for any word ? I was told the barrel is done. I then waited a few more weeks and was told some more bullshit. All in all I left voicemail, 3 texts and dozens of emails and it took me complaining on their Youtube page to get some help. Good thing I saved all my correspondence with “sales”. Turns out they were deleting my questions and apparently my texts/voicemails. I was told there was nothing in their in box with my email. 4 different email chains one with 11 reply’s was deleted. I won’t even tell you how long it took to fulfill my parts order.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That’s not sounding good.
It’s very disappointing, I had high hopes and was very excited to order my “pistol” but damn this Has put a very sour taste in my mouth. If this coming week I don’t hear from the owner and get resolution I’m considering posting the whole dirty mess. I cannot be the only person being treated this way and from YouTube to this forum it sounds like I’m not. I also sent in a muzzle device that my now out of business suppressor company made to be put on my barrel, I have no confidence they have done so or even know where it is. I’m extremely disappointed in this company, i can see why and how no blank adapter was sent into the Army.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Should have done some more research and listened to the old balls forum members that have posted this stuff for the last decade.

This isn't new.

The XCR is still an awesome platform. Even with having to deal with RA.

Are they giving out coupons? Multiple "members" in this thread with single digit hours of registration.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Should have done some more research and listened to the old balls forum members that have posted this stuff for the last decade.

This isn't new.

Are they giving out coupons? Multiple "members" in this thread with single digit hours of registration.
Oh look how original defending a company with shit customer service and shady business practices. You think I want to be here talking to you ? Hardly. You think I’m going to let them take money from me and not deliver on their promise ? Not happening, you think I like having my property lost or misplaced ? I wouldnt even know this forum existed if RA did one thing correctly with my order.

if I had a “sales” rep as bad as the one they have I’d have fired her a long time ago, relative or not and I suspect she is. Imagine the amount of business this woman has cost them.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Oh look how original defending a company with shit customer service and shady business practices. You think I want to be here talking to you ? Hardly. You think I’m going to let them take money from me and not deliver on their promise ? Not happening, you think I like having my property lost or misplaced ? I wouldnt even know this forum existed if RA did one thing correctly with my order.

if I had a “sales” rep as bad as the one they have I’d have fired her a long time ago, relative or not and I suspect she is. Imagine the amount of business this woman has cost them.
Where am I defending the company? (I am defending the platform. There's a difference.)

Do you think I want to be here reading your useless tirade about shit that's not going to change? Do you think you're the first person to have issues with RA? Are you somehow more important than the rest of their customers that didn't have things work out the way they hoped? Do you really think a small company in the middle of a panic was going to somehow be able to deliver a highly customizable product or service to you in a reasonable time line? Did you do any research?

·
Registered
22,085 Posts

This isn't new.

LOL...yeah. Apparently they think the XCR is a mass produced firearm, like an AR. Bad news. It ain't. It's boutique AF. If you dont' know that going in, you will be disappointed. If you can stand the wait, it's like no other platform. My favorite by far in spite of the nature of the company's customer service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where am I defending the company? (I am defending the platform. There's a difference.)

Do you think I want to be here reading your useless tirade about shit that's not going to change? Do you think you're the first person to have issues with RA? Are you somehow more important than the rest of their customers that didn't have things work out the way they hoped? Do you really think a small company in the middle of a panic was going to somehow be able to deliver a highly customizable product or service to you in a reasonable time line? Did you do any research?
Your last sentence implies we or I am lying to get a discount.

I’m reporting my experience with their incompetence, unprofessionalism and shady behavior. Adding my experience to the rest, because you been on this forum longer somehow makes you special ? and I’m not allowed to add my experience for research purposes because you don’t like it or want to read it ? Then don’t and keep your stupid comments to yourself. The internet is a great place where you can be bold unlike real life.
I assure you kid I wouldn’t spit on you of you were on fire. You seem like another fanboy willing to try and discredit anyone who has any issue with a company taking money, not delivering and deleting evidence of the transaction/conversation. Where I’m from that’s called stealing and being a general piece of shit.

·
Registered
22,085 Posts

Clearly fucking not, lol.

Since RA doesnt' take payment until the rifle ships, I'm a little confused about what "money" they've taken from him other than the muzzle device he sent for install on his rifle. As hot as this poor guy is, I'm sure he'll be along to berate both of us for pointing out that this is just how things are with RA normally, not to mention in the middle of the biggest demand gun market in history....and a boutique company who is at the mercy of industry suppliers that also provide product to AR manufactures who take priority over a tiny company.

·
Registered
22,085 Posts

I’m reporting my experience with their incompetence, unprofessionalism and shady behavior. Adding my experience to the rest, because you been on this forum longer somehow makes you special ? and I’m not allowed to add my experience for research purposes because you don’t like it or want to read it ? Then don’t and keep your stupid comments to yourself. The internet is a great place where you can be bold unlike real life.
I assure you kid I wouldn’t spit on you of you were on fire. You seem like another fanboy willing to try and discredit anyone who has any issue with a company taking money, not delivering and deleting evidence of the transaction/conversation. Where I’m from that’s called stealing and being a general piece of shit.
How did you get that from asking if you did ANY research? That's a fucking stretch, bro. EDIT apologies...I thought you were referencing the last sentence in the reply you quoted....not the one about coupons.....and Nate's already explained that comment***

No one said you couldn't voice your opinion. YOU are the one making things up from whole cloth.

Well, if you're convinced you've had something "stolen", I suggest you take it up with the UT state attorney general's office. Let us know how it goes, LOL.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts

Where am I defending RA?

I re-stated just in case you missed it the first time.

Comment about two brand new(both 8 hours or under of registration at the time of posting) people commenting in the same thread on a forum that sees single digit posts on a daily basis is somehow saying you're a liar?

I never claimed to be special... just around longer. Maybe use other people's experience to your benefit? But I'm the "kid". Add your experience.... what did you want? Everyone that's been here more than 9 hours is familiar. It's not new.

Bold comments.... then goes into "kid" and "fanboy" without any thing to back it up. But I'm the bold one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How did you get that from asking if you did ANY research? That's a fucking stretch, bro.

No one said you couldn't voice your opinion. YOU are the one making things up from whole cloth.

Well, if you're convinced you've had something "stolen", I suggest you take it up with the UT state attorney general's office. Let us know how it goes, LOL.
You do know they take a non refundable down payment right ? Of course you do but you would rather dick ride RA and think your real cool with your Boutique rifle. You two muppets are the exact reason this company gets away with dogshit customer service.

it isn’t the wait for the weapon that bothers me it’s the fact their sales rep lied, ignored and then covered up her shady shit by deleting any correspondence with me. I suppose you would have just sucked up the loss and moved along ?

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
You do know they take a non refundable down payment right ? Of course you do but you would rather dick ride RA and think your real cool with your Boutique rifle. You two muppets are the exact reason this company gets away with dogshit customer service.

it isn’t the wait for the weapon that bothers me it’s the fact their sales rep lied, ignored and then covered up her shady shit by deleting any correspondence with me. I suppose you would have just sucked up the loss and moved along ?
No loss. I never sent them any money.

Dick ride.... and I'm the bold one.

·
Registered
22,085 Posts

RA never did before...so no, I did not.

LOL, you really should do more research. Mr. Robinson has had more altercations with me than any other XCR owner, but believe what you wish.

Absolutely not. I'd demand my money back and fight it out with your credit card company backing you.

My recommendation based on your demeanor would be to go that route.

Kind regards....:)

Reactions: RobertSlaughter

·
Registered
12 Posts
No loss. I never sent them any money.

Dick ride.... and I'm the bold one.
i see you two think it’s a privilege to get treated like shit, your money taken, your property lost, missing or where ever. I’m sure if this happened to either one of you you would be posting the same shit I have But since your to cool with you XCRs you think you can talk down to others.

·
Registered
12 Posts
RA never did before...so no, I did not.

LOL, you really should do more research. Mr. Robinson has had more altercations with me than any other XCR owner, but believe what you wish.

Absolutely not. I'd demand my money back and fight it out with your credit card company backing you.

My recommendation based on your demeanor would be to go that route.

Kind regards....:)
I don’t care who you are or how many “fights” you have been in with Robinson, this thread was about the customer service. I added my experience and you two chimed in with your bullshit. I don’t need to research you, you mean very little to almost nothin.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts