XCR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
He sure in the fuck is, wow you guys have met up ? I’m guessing at a truck stop to swap spit ?

What in the hell does being experienced with an XCR have to do with anything that has taken place in this thread ? Tell me I’d really like to know. Nothing absolutely fucking nothing.
its hilarious to think that your special because you have met up, have dealt with this company longer then anyone else and I shouldn’t tell the OP what has happened to me, hilarious.

I’ll meet anyone of you guys if you like, I’ll meet you at the front door of RA if you want. I’ll be there Wednesday and I’m not easy to miss.

What?

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
He sure in the fuck is, wow you guys have met up ? I’m guessing at a truck stop to swap spit ?

What in the hell does being experienced with an XCR have to do with anything that has taken place in this thread ? Tell me I’d really like to know. Nothing absolutely fucking nothing.
its hilarious to think that your special because you have met up, have dealt with this company longer then anyone else and I shouldn’t tell the OP what has happened to me, hilarious.

I’ll meet anyone of you guys if you like, I’ll meet you at the front door of RA if you want. I’ll be there Wednesday and I’m not easy to miss.
Errr...have you not read your own posts? Seems to me you keep harping on giving your experience, so wouldn't actual experience with the CS of RA as well as the platform apply?

Your reading comprehension seems really lacking....no one has said you can't say whatever you'd like.

So, Utah native, huh? Figures, lol.

Let me guess, you're the one with the tiny penis you're trying to make up for? Hopefully you decide to wear pants. Ooo....look at me, I can say stupid shit too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well... I'm gonna duck down her in a low spot, behind a very large solid object that I hope protects me from all the flying things being thrown back and forth...

Sorry. Was not trying to stir anything up.
Just relating that I asked a question and got a quick and knowledgeable response, which I hoped was a good sign.
I actually appreciate input pointing out that my optimism was a bit mistaken. I can understand frustration with an order that is long overdue. Kind of confirms my theory of happy to be quick and friendly with prospective customers, somewhat evasive of people with standing orders.
We are about midway through a zombie apocalypse.

I don't know.
I'm reasonably certain that my alternate choice for a rifle is a listing for an item that does not actually exist.
Robinson is taking orders without a deposit or prepayment. But many months lead time.
And the tyrants could have all firearms banned long before delivery.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Well... I'm gonna duck down her in a low spot, behind a very large solid object that I hope protects me from all the flying things being thrown back and forth...

Just relating that I asked a question and got a quick and knowledgeable response, which I hoped was a good sign.
I actually appreciate input pointing out that my optimism was a bit mistaken. I can understand frustration with an order that is long overdue. Kind of confirms my theory of happy to be quick and friendly with prospective customers, somewhat evasive of people with standing orders.

I don't know.
I'm reasonably certain that my alternate choice for a rifle is a listing for an item that does not actually exist.
Robinson is taking orders without a deposit or prepayment. But many months lead time.
You didn't do anything wrong....you posted your positive experience. Many of us have posted our negative experience. It's all anecdotal, but it's all evidence of how RobArms conducts its business.

It's pretty obvious one of the posters here is hot about how things have been handled by RA. I get it. I've been there. Lashing out at people here who basically were straight up with him about the issues, they themselves are currently dealing with (myself and Nate have had parts/guns on order since July/Sept of last year) isn't going to be favorably received. But, at least it was funny. So, no harm, no foul.

I personally wish him the best with it. It sounds like this isn't the platform for him and he should seek a full refund.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts

I don't know.
You said your piece. Negative experience(not what you expressed but others in this thread have) is fine and honestly, to be expected. I hope that it works out well for you but based on experience, it's going to take longer than you expected and RA told you.

Interesting that your experience and the older guys is different than what CAPT Dick Rider said in post #16 approx 3 hours ago.

Maybe it's just him fighting the good fight. With that said and all the negative issues with RA, they've never taken money before producuct is ready to ship in the 12 years I've dealt with them. It's just getting the product ready to ship that has consistently been the issue.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
All this time and energy to make sure you two muppets know exactly how much he doesn't care and just how little your opinions mean.......I'm damn near in tears boys.

I don't think my mans been laid in a while.....he sounds stressed af.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
All this time and energy to make sure you two muppets know exactly how much he doesn't care and just how little your opinions mean.......I'm damn near in tears boys.

I don't think my mans been laid in a while.....he sounds stressed af.

And we wonder why we can't keep new members around here, lol.

Reactions: TexasChris

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
If he dedicated just half the energy he spent on trying so hard to be offensive toward building a rifle we'd have a half a minute, piston driven wunder blaster under 4lbs loaded that could back up trailers and fold laundry. He'd get a .gov contract straight outta the gate, even HK Fanbois would be like "damn....that's a fly ass rifle." Then he could buy Robarm, give Alex a golden BFA as a bankruptcy gift, fire whoever that chic is that he kept complaining about, take the company public, make millions, buy whatever business that girl got a new job at, fire her sorry ass again, fly a hard to miss private jet to his hard to miss home, crawl into his cozy little hard to miss bed, cover himself in crisp bennies and sleep well knowing that Sean and Nate are forever forbidden to buy one of these gorgeous war machines.

I'm just glad everyone made it home......this was dicey...... Hug your wives a little tighter tonight......

This thing could have gone caps lock at any moment.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
If he dedicated just half the energy he spent on trying so hard to be offensive toward building a rifle we'd have a half a minute, piston driven wunder blaster under 4lbs loaded that could back up trailers and fold laundry. He'd get a .gov contract straight outta the gate, even HK Fanbois would be like "damn....that's a fly ass rifle." Then he could buy Robarm, give Alex a golden BFA as a bankruptcy gift, fire whoever that chic is that he kept complaining about, take the company public, make millions, buy whatever business that girl got a new job at, fire her sorry ass again, fly a hard to miss private jet to his hard to miss home, crawl into his cozy little hard to miss bed, cover himself in crisp bennies and sleep well knowing that Sean and Nate are forever forbidden to buy one of these gorgeous war machines.

I'm just glad everyone made it home......this was dicey...... Hug your wives a little tighter tonight......

This thing could have gone caps lock at any moment.
LOL...I should be able to LOVE this post. :ROFLMAO:

Love it in a super ghey, dick rider sort of way. ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, devil's advocate chiming in.

Should have done some more research and listened to the old balls forum members that have posted this stuff for the last decade.

This isn't new.
This is the offending quote that set this dude off. Being an internet tough guy is insufferable, but I can see how a sardonic response can be seen as rude. Believe me, I had that kind a unwarranted attitude when I was a teen and I graduated high school with no friends and closed two family businesses because of it. A more apologetic tone would be more helpful. Most people don't expect to have Buddha's patience when buying a commodity and Robinson's distribution methods have had an effect on its owners. Hell, I don't have Buddha's patience either; I got roped into here by dudes on 4chan but I side stepped the wait and snagged a rifle thanks to my MMA reflexes and one of the last few lucky breaks that God hands me just to keep me alive long enough to see his punchline.

What the hell was I talking about again? - The point is I think we really need to try to get more people on this platform by easing them in on it. Show off the guns and recommend them to our local gun stores, who can probably afford the wait. It's easy to be disenchanted with the whole process but I would bottle up that "love it or leave it" attitude, leave it somewhere to fester, shake it up and launch like a rocket towards the nearest dump.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Read the above in what ever tone you'd like. It's factual. There was no name calling or bold statements. A quick Google would have brought up plenty of instances of poor CS. I understand CAPT DR's frustration but it's not new or a surprise based on the history of RA. Scorpion and the frog.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts

This is the offending quote that set this dude off. Being an internet tough guy is insufferable, but I can see how a sardonic response can be seen as rude. Believe me, I had that kind a unwarranted attitude when I was a teen and I graduated high school with no friends and closed two family businesses because of it. A more apologetic tone would be more helpful. Most people don't expect to have Buddha's patience when buying a commodity and Robinson's distribution methods have had an effect on its owners. Hell, I don't have Buddha's patience either; I got roped into here by dudes on 4chan but I side stepped the wait and snagged a rifle thanks to my MMA reflexes and one of the last few lucky breaks that God hands me just to keep me alive long enough to see his punchline.

What the hell was I talking about again? - The point is I think we really need to try to get more people on this platform by easing them in on it. Show off the guns and recommend them to our local gun stores, who can probably afford the wait. It's easy to be disenchanted with the whole process but I would bottle up that "love it or leave it" attitude, leave it somewhere to fester, shake it up and launch like a rocket towards the nearest dump.
That passes for what one takes offense to on the internet nowadays? :oops: I guess I shouldn't be surprised....everyone's on edge.

As for your recommendation.....what you're failing to realize is that RobArms can't supply the guns fast enough for demand. That's never changed in the decade plus most of the regulars here have been dealing with the company and with an AWB on the horizon, it's even less likely they're going to ramp up production.

So, by blowing proverbial sunshine up prospective owners' asses without telling them the wait will be far longer than what they are told is a recipe for more petulant children with a 2 second attention span stomping their feet about how they've been wronged b/c a tiny company isn't delivering product quickly enough in the middle of a global shutdown/pandemic and a gun control induced buying frenzy. It's not logical.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
FYI, I asked about lead times and received a response from sales on Saturday that they had increased shifts and were sending out orders with three month lead times. I placed an order that day. The next day I received confirmation from sales telling me that current lead times are six months. I can deal with that because I’m very enthusiastic about the product. But they really do need to address some issues about communication and customer service there. This is nothing that a good consultant couldn’t fix.
The problem isn't likely to be fixed by a consultant.

The problem has been inherent and it starts and ends with the way the company is run by the owner. I don't blame him though....my guess is he's very conservative and he doesn't want to grow the business by taking on large debt as that's extremely unwise, especially if one wants to maintain control of the business.

At the same time, b/c his parts don't take priority with suppliers who also make high demand AR parts, he's at their mercy in terms of timelines....he's told one thing, and it gets pushed back. That's outside his sphere of control and so the ETAs slip with the end customer.

And to top it all off....the loss of the Canadian market (which was a big part of RobArm's bread and butter) revenue is likely down...meaning capital investment is unlikely to occur as well...but that's conjecture on my part. I'd still love to know the domestic sales of XCRs versus that of the Canadian exports (I think Mickey posted those export links).

Reactions: RobertSlaughter

·
Registered
4,754 Posts

.....bro, whatever set that dude off happened loooong before he found this place. I like your energy, and if you still have that energy after assembling a more thorough model of how this beast runs and how it sits in the world, I think you should spear head all of those ideas. You are the guy for it.

No one here has a love it or leave it attitude, and if you'd been here a little longer than you have, you'd know that several members have and continue to take it upon themselves to make sure that newcomers don't feel "roped" in, but rather, sign up for exactly what has been described with the understanding that it's neither beneficial nor detrimental, it just is. The attitude here is "love it, stay, and here's what that looks like presently." Should things ever change, great, if they do not, also great...the point is that eyes are open going in. Not rose colored glasses open, not optimistic looking to the future open, just plain ass "here's what it is" open...this approach works because the platform speaks for itself. Alex is eccentric as all get out, and couldn't run a business to save his life before the pandemic and all the resulting logistic difficulties, but his rifle flat out runs.....anyone who makes it this far is entertaining that observation as a key guide point already....with me? We dont need to sell the platform to anyone.....it sells itself. If you google "good rifle" you don't wind up here (If you google "Rifle won't run, shitty CS, Alex is a bastard, no one answers the phone" though hah!)......you gotta get a little more creative with your search terms and commit some time before you find us.

We've had some very interesting conversations as a result of this process. In helping new members through the years we've noticed a sort of archetypal predilection to the platform. Now it's entirely possible that my man was having a bad day, who knows what people are going through, but if that's not the case this aint the rifle for homeboy. If a problem with words on the internet and not really bad, but just kind of luke warm poor CS causes him to react and behave as he did, I can't imagine he'd fair too well with a by god brick and mortar fiasco....he would be much happier with an AR from a reputable company with a facebook, twitter and instagram page, a NQA warranty and 3 CS phone numbers...and they're out there, and the rifles are badass and the coms are tits and the aftermarket support is deep.....

...and really, here isn't that much different, while Robarm coms may suck, our coms are tits, our aftermarket support is as deep as we've managed to create it (this forum has done some cool things with the platform!) and our community support is about as deep as it gets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Whatever Canadian revenues are down has got to be far more than adequately made up for by the increase in US sales... clearly they are taking orders beyond production capacity already.

Regarding the consultant, yes of course no consultant can help if the owner doesn’t want to make changes. But the fact is that most businesses can use more expert advice. Entrepreneurs and inventors are awesome but they generally don’t come in the same human package as handling HR and CS issues, which this business obviously has. Even the supply chain issues for his parts could likely be handled better by someone with expertise — there are people who have experience negotiating better preferential treatment for small fish. But what is happening sounds like founders’ syndrome and it’s unlikely to improve because of personality. Like I said, I think it’s a cool product so I’m alright with the wait.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Whatever Canadian revenues are down has got to be far more than adequately made up for by the increase in US sales... clearly they are taking orders beyond production capacity already.

Regarding the consultant, yes of course no consultant can help if the owner doesn’t want to make changes. But the fact is that most businesses can use more expert advice. Entrepreneurs and inventors are awesome but they generally don’t come in the same human package as handling HR and CS issues, which this business obviously has. Even the supply chain issues for his parts could likely be handled better by someone with expertise — there are people who have experience negotiating better preferential treatment for small fish. But what is happening sounds like founders’ syndrome and it’s unlikely to improve because of personality. Like I said, I think it’s a cool product so I’m alright with the wait.
One would think US sales were up (increased orders don't always equate to increased sales if you can't deliver product)......unless they can't get bbls b/c they are made by one of the premier AR bbl makers who don't cater to RA b/c they are low volume one offs compared to production runs of ubiquitous AR bbls (as one major problem RA faces constantly).

As a small business owner, you often have to take orders based upon what your suppliers are telling you and you have to take them at their word. You dont' have much choice if you're not a larger buyer, for what should be obvious reasons. Easy to say: "just hire more people...hire experts". Also easy to say, "find a different, more favorable supplier". Not as easy to do....especially in the middle of a pandemic AND gun runs due to perceived legislative bans.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure what your point is. Reading this and past threads there’s a repeated refrain of saying essentially what most of us agree with: cool product, crummy way to run a business. But there’s a second part of the narrative that I don’t think is true: that it cannot be otherwise because of [speculated reasons a, b, and c]. I’m just saying that business of this scale isn’t rocket science once the mad scientist owners allow some experts to help them; clearly that isn’t happening. It’s a shame because obviously the founder hit upon a product design that is winning. The issues with getting barrels may be as you describe and if so, I’m telling you there are people who could help this company get what they need. Sometimes it involves finding another source that might not be an obvious choice, but this kind of thing is done all the time in boutique manufacturing. I have seen it with other businesses with much more difficult and specialized unique tech component needs than this one. The barrels and other components may be special but they aren’t alien tech. I’m looking forward to my finished XCR in 6-8 months but sure would be nicer to have it in 2-3. Not to mention that if the company is still interested in military or other government contracts, a reputation for poor support and stuttering supply chain probably won’t help with that next step, unless they’ve given up on that.
One would think US sales were up (increased orders don't always equate to increased sales if you can't deliver product)......unless they can't get bbls b/c they are made by one of the premier AR bbl makers who don't cater to RA b/c they are low volume one offs compared to production runs of ubiquitous AR bbls (as one major problem RA faces constantly).

As a small business owner, you often have to take orders based upon what your suppliers are telling you and you have to take them at their word. You dont' have much choice if you're not a larger buyer, for what should be obvious reasons. Easy to say: "just hire more people...hire experts". Also easy to say, "find a different, more favorable supplier". Not as easy to do....especially in the middle of a pandemic AND gun runs due to perceived legislative bans.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts