XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Texas

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashrur.htm

Insiders are mumbling the fears in Washington that it is becoming apparent that Texas is under a lot of stress lately to stand up as a leader of disgruntled States against the nightmare we see in this Country now.
Texas is the only state who has the Pride and ability to fall back on from being an Independent Country before ,a pride and hope we all could use now days.
The Swiss and Dutch said this morning that if Texas printed its own money tomorrow it would be accepted in far more places than the dollar is today.
In fact ,if Texas did this , the repercussions to the East would be catastrophic causing the full collapse ,of the now damaged and weakened America or what is left of it.
Fear among the Liberals being noticeable in a toning down lately of the threats being made 2 weeks ago ,is fear of this very scenario.
A seemingly angry and frustrated GW will be returning Home to Crawford soon ,and we all know where that is .
The Governor Rick Perry has been quiet and absent now for a week ,and GW was a standing President for 8 years .
He knows the Government inside out ,along with weaknesses ,loyalty's , more than enough to be a royal pain in the ass.
Other states would scramble to be connected to the direction Texas is going , California would become a toss up on who took it first ,China or Mexico.
The East would be stuck with all the problems they made, and it will all be now be on their backs . The East with the dollar will be stuck with all the debt , Broke ,The welfare they loved so much , a government that will then be exposed as nothing more than spoiled baby's and a leader who hasn't a clue ,Nor anything left to offer anyone except a place full of dependent ,angry People.
The ridiculous laws and programs liberals made us accept ,while they acted like gods ,are now the things that are at their gates wanting their heads.
Liberals were real big talkers ,full of shit and longing for the day they could clasp us in Irons ,and have us kissing there ass for anything they may throw us from their tables ,as they gouge themselves in power.
Now they will be whats on the table , Texas is a big player and we all are beginning to see that.
No one will come to the aid of the East ,the world is fickle ,and all it has is an African con artist as a leader ,a mass of spoiled liberals anyone else would shoot to shut them up. thousands of bums of all races with no skills except complaining they want even more handouts , gangs , People who need to shut up , failed Unions , ancient factory's ,no oil , it would be better to just cord it all off and let it rot away.
Useful People will have left in a hurry ,headed to the promise of freedom in the west , and this is what we see in the way the World really sees us now ,not the lie of happy people the Media portrays.us to be.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: Texas

Actually, I don't know if the people of Texas are as independent minded as they once were. Both Dallas and Harris counties went Democrat this year, and there are more liberals in Austin than there are people in some states. An interesting question is where would the Hispanics stand? Seeing that most immigrants, legal and illegal, come here for economic reasons, they might support the idea. I doubt if they'd want us to become part of Mexico again because then there wouldn't be anyplace in the western hemisphere with a decent economy. I think we should take Oklahoma with us, though, because we don't want to lose the UT-OU game. Plus, we have to have someplace to make fun of. ;D

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

Texas has the 15th largest economy in the world but I don't see this happening. That report sounds like the old-school cold war crap the Soviets used spew anytime there was bad news in the west. If you don't think the US is a major financial player, just look at the world markets including China and Russia. They have been taking a major financial hit too. The funny thing is that if you woke from a coma today and someone told you of all of the major financial institutions that have been nationalized, the overwhelming dept, and an intrusive, bloated federal government, you would swear a liberal was in office. Whatever happened to good old fiscal conservatism?

btw, if Texas broke away we would have to take Arkansas too in order to reform the Southwest conference :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

You guys are good men , But i am a district manager for a Major Company who now days supply's a lot of logistics to our troops.
Mr. Chem ,I respect you greatly ,i am a Texan also ,please trust me that it can happen ok .
I sometimes have to encode shipping and drops in Afghanistan either with our Aircraft or those of the Air Force carrying our supply's.
It isnt cold war BS , it isnt old soviet BS , the US isnt the world player you think it is anymore ,not even close.
Even Australia is saying things like this ,and the stock market? guys playing with funny money ok.
As far as liberals they will be given ample time to get out if they want to ,if we are the men of Freedom we say we are which i am beginning to doubt. Everything to us is BS ,yet we believe Obama , and if the BS becomes the truth , then you will be BS.
Our Company has men in Afghanistan who were up for rotation 3 weeks ago.
Our Aircraft and some of our Millitary fights are being denied cross over permission to get to our guys.
Our people say the fuel shipments from the friendly's is slowing down and they are getting hostile to Americans lately.
In Kabul pictures of Obama hang off buildings like he is running the place.
Fuel was getting very slow ,and our people and the Millitary were calling the US constantly to see whats up here .
No real answer ,we parked trucks ,and so did the Army. But last Wednesday trucks carrying fuel came in from the North ,not the South like always.
The drivers and crews were white!! and the Army unloaded stuff from two of them.
Aircraft have been flying over and they are in contact with our ground commanders ,and they are not ours.
I am not makeing this crap up ,i am trying to keep Americans informed because our Media isnt ,im not doing it for fun to be called a BS artist. I sent my sources to another senior respected member of a large forum ,and i told him i cant help if they don't let me.
He wrote back on the site.in a new topic in bold letters ,This stuff is real , this guy is only the mess anger and this stuff is coming from a source or sources i myself nearly fainted over when i saw the who it was.
i only hope he is going to stick around awhile. I have two reprimands on ,me now ,one more i lose my job ,retirement ,.all of it.
Shit Americans wake up ,Please ,it gets Hotter every day and i don't know when but i sure know how.
My wife asked me if i pray its wrong ,and i said yes all the time ,because then im a fool ,if im right and people write me off as BS ,then we are all fools and when it happens it will be to late for any of us.
Not to steal a liberal phrase ,but i look at kids all the time ,i look at my own ,i lived free ,they are just now experiencing what it means.
It our deal guys ,we will be the idiots that heard this or wrote it off as internet BS ,thank GOD for the internet in this one.
And by doing nothing ,trust me ,remember this post ,when you look at children and know that at one time Chicken Little was screaming . But that Chicken little turned out to be Paul Revere ,and we did nothing.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

Phalanx,

I will defer to your expertise on the first hand experiences. Those stories are indeed very disconcerting. Go Texas! :)

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

In all honesty, as much as I love America and what it used to be, I would probably support some sort of action that got rid of our large government and went back to states governing themselves. I am not saying that we should go to a European Union type setup but I agree that something needs to change. I keep telling my wife I need to get out of the Army and move to a cabin in the middle of Alaska where no one will bother me.

Oklahoma isn't that bad, I think they would make a fine addition to TX, rivalries aside of course.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

The point is moot.

The War of Northern Aggression set the precident: if you want to leave, you'll be bludgeoned into submission, and then billed for that task.

I don't know about the rest of the Texas citizen forces, but I consider the North Texas Militia to be "a quilting bee for men in camoflage - rifles optional".

This is what happens when people do not guard their liberties with great jealousy (step 1) and wish to vote themselves control over others natural resources and economies (step 2). They're subjugated.

Just like we all are.

Best of luck on independence. I took my boy to see the Alamo. He checked out his great-great-grandmother's grandfather's name on the marble tablet. If you guys decide to give it a go again, I'll move back home and help - but I've always been a sucker for doing the RIGHT thing instead of the PRUDENT or SAFE thing.

·
Registered
85 Posts

As scary as Obama is, Bush and congressional Republicans, along with many "conservatives", have done a lot to diminish our liberty. I don't disagree that changes needed to be made after 9/11, but the Patriot Act is a ticket for an oppressive government. Remember, too, that with the fallout after Katrina, Bush said the national government will be in charge of all disasters, natural and otherwise. So now we get the defense department sending soldiers into communities when a place floods, etc. And I'm still agog over the agreement former AG Gonzales made with one of the liberal NJ senators regarding national legislation that would allow the federal government to seize citizens' weapons for reasons of "national security". Fortunately, no law was passed...yet.

Instead of raising holy hell with our elected officials, however, voters decide to jump from the frying pan into the fire, all happy and smiling. I'm embarrassed to base some of my political philosophy on movie (and not a very good one at that), but in Star Wars III, when the top bad guy announces the new empire in the name of the people, the elected representatives cheer. At this the heroine, Padme, says "So this is how liberty dies, to the sound of thunderous applause ..."

So, dictatorship or disintegration. Pray for neither, but prepare for both.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Nov. 24th 2008 "The US will break into six parts," says Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs Academy Professor.

Nov. 8th 2008 -- Ron Paul stated: maybe we (Texas) should secede from the union" 19:34 minutes into the show

Texas Secession is neither left nor right politically. We accept members of many political persuasions: pro-life, pro-choice, pro-gun, environmentalist, pro-immigration, anti-immigration, anti-Iraq-war, pro-Iraq-war, pro-tax funded education, anti-tax funded education, pro-war on drugs, pro-drug freedom, etc. We do have one common issue: Texas Independence!!!

The American Empire has become a tyrant aggressive abroad and despotic at home. The D.C. politicians 1500 miles away don't care about Texas. The Texas legislature will do a much better job of allowing local Texas communities to govern themselves.

Does Texas have the resources to be in independent nation? Texas has 23,507,783 people; 11% larger than Australia. 79% of the nations have populations smaller than Texas. Texas GDP is $1,065,891,000,000; 32% larger than Australia. 93% of the nations have a GDP smaller than Texas.

Austin : 11/25/08 In order for any sovereign nation to become a part of another nation, a Treaty of Annexation must be ratified, approved, and adopted. There was a House Joint Resolution inviting US troops into Texas together with a Treaty of Annexation, that was negotiated between the United States of America and the republic of Texas, but the US Senate never did approve and adopt it, but shelved it instead, (like many state enabling Acts), probably because there is no authority in the US Constitution for them to bring a sovereign nation into the United States. Now, after over 150 years, the republic of Texas has withdrawn from their part of the Treaty and a house Joint Resolution has been issued ordering US troops out of Texas.

Declaration of Intent
Adopted by the Texas Constitutional Convention of 2008, 26 July 2008
I. We hold that the foundation of this nation is that an individual's body, life, labor, ideas, thoughts, and material possessions that the individual has created or acquired without coercion are that individual's property and that no individual, majority, society, or government may legitimately take or control an individual's property without that individual's consent.
II. We hold that the foundation of our economy shall be the free market system unfettered by intrusions of government and based upon the free and voluntary exchange of goods and services.
III. We hold that peaceful relations with other nations is based upon the concept of mutual respect and that war and other interference in the affairs of other nations serves only to destroy such peaceful relations. It is therefore declared that Texas shall remain neutral in the affairs of, and between, other nations.

What Will The New Constitution Mean to You?
Make Your Own Decisions

You will be able to make decisions that affect you and your family. No government agent will second-guess your decisions nor take your children away.
Defend Yourself and Your Family

You will be able to prepare to defend yourself, your family, and your property without being labeled a criminal for daring to own "assault weapons" or an "arsenal". And you will be able to actually defend yourself, unlike many places under the current regime where someone who defends himself may get a harsher penalty than the criminal.
Make Your Own Spending Decisions

You will be able to decide for yourself how to spend your money. All funding of government under Texas Constitution 2000 is voluntary. No more IRS. No more Form 1040. No more sales tax. No more property tax. Nothing. Nada.
Control What Your Children Learn

You will be able to control what your children learn. There will be no more government-run public schools which means there will no longer be any need for forced taxation to pay for them. And, since there will no longer be any government rules about what can and can't be taught, you and your school can decide that. You can even decide to have daily prayers and Koran readings. Or not. You and your school decide. You can home school. If you want. You can form a teaching cooperative. If you want. You can send your children to private school. If you want. You will be in control.
Own Your Own Land

You will own your own land rather than renting it from the government. No longer will the government be able to take your property for nonpayment of taxes. (There won't be any taxes so how could you not pay them?) Nor will government be able to take your property because the property is accused of a crime (asset forfeiture). Only individuals can commit a crime under Texas Constitution 2000. You can build a house on your land. If you want. You can grow potatoes on your land. If you want. You can let your land set idle. If you want. You will be in control.
Travel Without Government Permission

You will be able to travel where and when you want without getting permissions from government. You will no longer need a driver's license. (You don't need one now but just about everybody, including the cops, thinks you do.) You will be able to come into Texas without needing a passport or a visa, or any other kind of paperwork. You may still need paperwork to get out of Texas as we cannot control what other terrorist organizations... er, ah... governments do but you will be able to get one from the new Texas government if you want one.
Work Without Government Permission

You will be able to work without permission from government. No longer will you be required to present a government-furnished ID number, such as a Social Security Number, in order to be hired. No longer will you need a license to practice your trade or profession. (But you might want to get a certificate of competency from whatever voluntary organization does that for your trade or profession.) No longer will you have to pay a government-mandated wage for work you need to have done. You will, instead, decide for yourself what you want to do in order to make a living and how you will go about it. You will be in control.
Worship Without Government Permission

You will no longer have to attend a government-approved church (501c tax exempt organization) that is afraid to espouse controversial positions.
Be Judged By An Honest Jury

On the off chance that you do find yourself in front of a jury, you will have a randomly-selected jury of people from the community to judge your actions. (You can still commit a crime under Texas Constitution 2000 but it is a crime only if you take an action that is intended to, and does, harm another person or his/her property.) No more jury-stacking by abusing the jury selection procedures. The only "selection" that will be allowed is a juror can be excluded by a majority vote of the rest of the jurors if that juror is known to be a relative of the accused -or- if the juror fails to show up at the appointed times and places. Well, one more case. A juror is excluded if he or she is to participate in the trial in some other capacity. No more judges telling juries what they must, and must not, consider. No more back-room conferences where judges and lawyers decide your fate away from the eyes and ears of the jury. No more judges over-riding the jury decision. You will finally have, again, an honest jury that will hear all the evidence and make their own decisions about what it all means.

As in all things in life, there are no guarantees. Those of us who wrote Texas Constitution 2008 are human. We make mistakes. We overlook the obvious. It is quite possible that there is a gaping hole in the constitution that bad people will begin to take advantage of. We don't think so. We spent a considerable amount of time reviewing and "what-if-ing" what we wrote. But it's possible. So, we built in some protections.

The new government is prohibited from issuing currency or causing currency to be issued. The new government is required to pay its obligations in gold. We figured that would tend to keep them a bit more honest. The rest of us will use whatever free market currencies that the market will support.

The new government is also prohibited from issuing charters. This means the banking industry will not be able to get the government to issue rules and regulations that make it appear that government is in control of the banking industry.

Government agents will not have immunity from prosecution, even if they are acting in their official capacity at the time. Any ordinary individual will have standing in the courts to bring charges against any government official. That government official will then be tried in a county court just like any common criminal, assuming of course that the grand jury indicts the official. This is a major step forward from the current situation in which you have no standing to bring charges in criminal court and can only sue.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

cont:

The Role of Government in a Free Republic.
1) is to create and maintain an infrastructure of roads, bridges, waterways
and other transport routes for commercial and private transport
2) establish and provide for regulation of public utilities
3) provide for a fair and just legal system
4) establish and provide good relations with other countries with a focus
on a fair import/export balance
5) provide for a solid, stable currency backed up by the gold standard
6) collect reasonable taxes to support NECESSARY government activities
7) full PUBLIC accountability to the public for all actions of the
government or its agents
8) continually work for the least possible interference in the lives and
activities of its citizens
9) strive for ways to improve government efficiency and service
10) limits on all public service jobs, such jobs should be just that,
SERVICE! This includes all aspects of TEXAS government.
11) provide for efficient and modern communication and postal systems
12) provide for public education available to all TAXPAYERS and their
children, this includes college . 13) provide for medical services based on systems such as allowing
competition between providers. With ceilings on actual care as to
prevent the ridiculous charges we see today under the current systems.
14) continually look for better ways to carry out government functions and
services in order to improve or enhance the lives of its citizens by
superior leadership and direction
15) establish an equitable patent and copyright system that is legally
binding and enforceable
16) provide for TOUGH prison systems with a major focus on rehabilitation
17) provide for reasonable support of advanced and alternative research
That would benefit humanity, the environment, or offer
commercial prospects that would benefit the Country of Texas.

·
Registered
919 Posts

I've seen the literature at texassecession.com and I've got to say I don't think its ever going to happen. To seceded without war our Gov would have to pretty much completely brake down, and even with all of Texas resources there is no chance of winning a civil war.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

They would have help , its been offered to them and Alaska.
An America under what Obama wants is not in anyone's best interest.
The old USSR doesn't want to see the New USSR ever exist.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts

Interesting idea. All the states split form DC and Dc goes bankrupt taking the Fedderal Debt. The states then form a new union, completely debt free. Only in Hollywood!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Barrack Obama making it into the office of the presidency ,and breaking every law in this country with no repercussions.????
Only in Hollywood !!!
Something that crazy couldn't possibly ever happen.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts

Maybe he is breaking laws, maybe not. That has yet to be determined. Once he is in he will probably change laws to avoid breaking them.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Maybe he isn't a communist eiather , maybe its nothing that Vince foster shot himself with his right hand and he was left handed.
And that Cop killed himself who knew to much on Clinton with a Sword by cutting off his own head.
Or when William Aires said that once they took over America that 250 Million of us would need to be reeducated ,and 250 thousand would need to be liquidated.
He was just kidding.

·
Registered
919 Posts

Interesting idea. All the states split form DC and Dc goes bankrupt taking the Fedderal Debt. The states then form a new union, completely debt free. Only in Hollywood!

meanwhile the "new" united States have no money and no economy to back a new currency, and the entire world is plunged into an economic crisis several times worse than the great depression as they suddenly find their investments in US debt disappear, and the Middle East’s backing of the US dollar now worthless. And poor veterans like myself get screwed because who wants to take care of vets of a country that no longer exists? And how could they if they wanted to without any money.

Meanwhile north Korea moves south sparking a war with South Korea and Japan, but they don't care because they have backing from China. Russia moves east sucking up some of its old pals and Taiwan is occupied by China.

Wait, was this suppose to be a disaster movie?

·
Registered
6,531 Posts

That's why succession is not a reality anymore.

RE: Obama, I doubt he is communist. Socialist maybe but not communist. The guy and his backers played the system to win and the republicans and Bush fucked up royally. Maybe this is pennance. If the system finds that he is ineligable, what heppens? Does Biden get in, is there a new election or God forbid does Pelosi take over?

Look at it this way. A lot of his promises won't work because of the economy. His mandate of change is crap because his new picks for a cabinet are the old guard. Change, what change. This guy may only make a single term, if we are lucky and stop bitching about what happened and focus on the future. That's what the republicans need to do as well, if they have the brains to do it.

·
Registered
919 Posts

RE: Obama, I doubt he is communist. Socialist maybe but not communist. The guy and his backers played the system to win and the republicans and Bush fucked up royally. Maybe this is pennance. If the system finds that he is ineligable, what heppens? Does Biden get in, is there a new election or God forbid does Pelosi take over?
Biden or Clinton would come in I'm betting, and Obama will offer his full support in exchange for a pardon. Thats my bet.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts