XCR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had posted in another thread about the problems i've had with my Para-Ordnance P13. Basically, i bought the gun new and it has at least 2 ftf's per 13 round mag. I love the gun, it feels and shoots great, I love the trigger, and it's accurate, everything i could want in a pistol...except of course reliability which trumps all. I have 2 types of malfunctions, 1) gun ejects spent casing and next live round stovepipes, or 2) tip of the next round hits the top edge of the barrel going in and jams. Essentially my gun was a paperweight. The problem occurs once or twice per mag with Winchester WB, and about once every other mag with Golden sabre and hydro-shok. I had read about changing out the mag springs, but didn't know who made reliable springs. For every post to change out the springs, someone would post a reply of "tried this, didn't help". That combined with the fact that i have 2 factory mags and an aftermarket mag and all three having the same malfunctions at the same rate, made me think this wasn't the problem.

Anyway, Davek PM'd after reading my previous post and suggested wolff gun springs and told me it had fixed a similar problem for him. The springs were cheap so i decided i'd give it a go. I swapped out one mag spring and went to the range today and the initial results were VERY promising. I shot 4 or 5 mags worth, mostly with plinker ammo and NOT A SINGLE FAILURE! Now, I didn't have time to put more rounds through it, so i'm trying to contain my enthusiasm till i can get back out to the range...tomorrow. I'm going to switch out the other two springs tonight and try to put another 100 rounds through it to see how it goes.

Anyway, i'm still a bit cautious, but i feel like a kid in a candy store, because i really like the gun otherwise and was hating the thought of getting rid of it.

THANKS DAVEK! You're my new best friend!!!

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
This is a great forum for help and suggestions for all types of weapons. Let's plan a NWA XCR shoot with SuperRage in a few weeks when the weather breaks. I know that we can get at least 5 XCR's of varying configurations there for you to try.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I won't have my XCR by then, but i'd be glad to get a chance to shoot some, so i'd be down for a shoot anytime. My work schedule is a bit odd, but we could work something out

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I encountered a little inclement weather today, but i did manage to get a few rounds off in each mag, and so far, still no failures. If the weather is better I'll go out tomorrow, If not it may be a few weeks before i can really test it

·
Registered
327 Posts
Santini Im all about getting together to have a XCR shoot, maybe we plan a NE OK, NW AR SW MO shoot and get all the XCR owners in one place. Was in Ft Smith yesterday for an Airsoft game and it was freaking cold and snowing and COLD and windy and freaking cold. So shen the temp is above 60 is good for me LOL

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Santini Im all about getting together to have a XCR shoot, maybe we plan a NE OK, NW AR SW MO shoot and get all the XCR owners in one place. Was in Ft Smith yesterday for an Airsoft game and it was freaking cold and snowing and COLD and windy and freaking cold. So shen the temp is above 60 is good for me LOL
Sounds good. We should have at least 5 or 6 people interested in attending.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Croaker, have you ever attended the rifle matches held the first Saturday of each month at Oil Capital Gun Club in Coweta? I have never been there, but someone I work with started going 3 months ago and has had a pretty good time.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sent my check in December and Robarms cashed it last week, so i'm hoping that means mine will ship soon, but we'll see. It may be I'll have an xcr to bring after all.

Because of the weather my last two trips to the range were cut short. I managed to get about 150 rounds through my Para with one malfunction. That's a major improvement and i'm hoping that single was a fluke. I'm going to try to go out again tomorrow with some friends weather permitting.

In addition to trying to get about 200 rounds through my para, I'm going with some friends to shoot a glock 17, xd 9mm, and xdm 9mm to see which i prefer. I've decided I want another 9mm and right now i'm down to the above mentioned 3, S&W M&P, and a sig 229. Unfortunately unless i get lucky, i doubt i'll get to shoot the last 2 before making my decision.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'd be down for an XCR shoot, I live in SE OK so as long as I can fix my car I could drive up north for a good range day. (not to hijack the thread :p )

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Danica just confirmed that my XCR shipped last week! I'll call my FFL in the a.m. to check.

Looks like i'll be able to bring her to the shoot. Hopefully i'll be able to take her out and put a few hundred rounds down range for breakin before we get this thing together. In fact, i think i'll load 300 rounds in mags tonight so i'll be ready ;)

I gotta say, i'm pretty stoked!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts