XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a member of this forum since August 2007. I do not post very often and sometimes I'll go a few weeks without checking in, but this community has become an important part of my life. The same is true for the only other forum I belong to, Sigforum.

This past week shows why this is so. First, people are so helpful, e.g., don't_tread_on_me just took the time to give me some very good advice. He's not the first one and I'm sure he won't be the last.

Second, (most) everyone is friendly and respectful. Most of us do not know each other, but everyone wishes everyone else Merry Christmas, happy birthdays, etc.

And, third, y'all are very supportive. I had back surgery on Tuesday and although I didn't say anything beforehand, I knew I'd have the members of XCR forum to keep me company during my recovery, which is going well. (I had a herniated disk, lowest one. The doctor used microsurgery: a small incision and under an hour in the operating room. It was an out-patient procedure so I was home by noon. Amazing! Now I'm enjoying hydrocodone - whoopee!!) So, I wish all of you a fun and safe weekend.

·
Registered
331 Posts
That's great that it was such a minimally invasive surgery on your back.

I wish you a quick recovery and a happy new year. Hydrocodone = happier new year?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Master, I wish you a speedy recovery. I discovered the forum while recovering from surgery and it kept me company for 3 months of recovery. It is no fun being laid up, I know. I got the funniest looks out at the range on crutches and wearing a boot but I just couldn't stay in the house anymore reading abut people shootng their XCR and me not. Now I am going through the same thing, XCR withdrawls. Stay strong, take your meds and don't push it too fast.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Good Luck with your recovery.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Hope you get back up and going soon!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
The folks around here are great. They are always helpful and courteous. Good luck with your back. I feel your pain...literally :)

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Glad to hear your surgery went well.As other have suggested take the time you need to recover properly,you don't want to risk having to do it all over again,the next time being more invasive.I agree completely,we have a great group here and I too have enjoyed the time I spend here.I too wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
My wife had suffered with back pain for years and finally -- and with great trepidation -- got the surgery. Fixed the problem, changed her life. Hope it works as well for you.

tk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for asking. I think it's too early to tell because I've been on pain killer medication, but as I decrease the amount, my back definitely seems better. I was also having pain in the back of my right leg because of pressure on the sciatica nerve. That pain is much less, too. I go for a follow-up later this week. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I hope this takes care of the problem. Have a happy new year and a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Best of British, Master, nursing a dodgy back myself right now (helped some friends sell Xmas trees over the holiday) and can but sympathise.

Take care, get better.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Have a quick and successful recovery and a late merry christmas to you and a happy new year too.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
One minor nag: Follow the doctor's instructions and don't push the recovery -- give yourself time to heal before putting any stress on the back. I had a coworker who came back to work too soon, started hauling around heavy stuff (my people are vikings, we're tough, he said) -- and he had ti have the whole procedure a second time because it didn't heal properly.

tk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts