XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really looking forward to this caliber being released and have already purchased some 7.62x39 ammo even though I have nothing to shoot it with :eek:

Anyone know more details on when those darned custom magazines will be manufactured?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Anyone have more details than just "available in the fall of 2007"?

I guess not. :-\

I know, I know, I should go find my patience. :p

·
Registered
42 Posts

I am with you. Counting the time...

·
Registered
161 Posts

who will be producing these "new" mags for robinson?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

The guy from C-Products told me today they should start shipping in December, 2007.

I'm looking for who may be interested in these mags guys!

Roy

·
Registered
288 Posts

Yep, I called too. Said mid December timeframe.

Didn't know capacity but probably 30-rnd and no price yet.

Asked if they were for the XCR and he didn't know what I was talking about, but did state they'd be for an AR type rifle.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I wonder if Magpul could be convinced to make some 7.62x39 mags ;D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I noticed you all have many questions regarding our 7.62x39 conversion kits. I have done some digging regarding that, and I don't have very exciting news.
It is going to be anywhere from 6 months to a year before this kit becomes available.

We are still working on getting the 6.8 Conversions ready to go. We sent out barrels to one of our vendors, and they really messed them up. So, we had them send us a bunch of blanks, and we're turning them ourselves. Our guys have been working day and night (and I mean that literally), trying to get these barrels ready. Soon, we will have them sent out to be chromed, and then FINALLY will be able to start filling orders.

So... the 7.62s are still a ways away, truth be told. We're trying to expedite the process, but we still have to keep quality in mind. I will keep you hopefuls updated on that as information comes to me.

As for the list of questions on it that you gave to me.... I am waiting on Alex to come back from a meeting, and once I squeeze any answers to those that I can out of him, I will post them here.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Terra,

Thanks for the info.

Really looking forward to the 7.62x39 conversion.

Also would like to input that the XCR heavy using DPMS/KAC .308 magazines would be great.

I'd even be willing to donate magazines for development/testing purposes if that would facilitate things.

BR
Juicespeare1

·
Registered
491 Posts

That would make the idea of buying the caliber conversion much more palatable to me. I really like the Pmags for the XCR in 5.56.

·
Registered
208 Posts

Hello comrades in arms. This is my first post on this forum

We have had the 7.62x39mm finished for some time. We have been in discussions with C-Products since January concerning the manufacture of a magazines. They thought they would have the 7.62x39mm magazine finished by the end of April, then August. Now it's November. Their reason for the delay is that they changed direction on the method of manufacture. It should provide a less expensive magazine and better quality. I am very disappointed as I'm sure you are. The good thing is that the prototypes do work and the magazines should be much less expensive. They were going to be $25-29 each. Now they should be cheaper.

I will post more on other calibers in another thread.

We may be forced to make the 7.62x39mm magazine ourselves.

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
Manager
Robinson Armament Co.

·
Registered
288 Posts
UPDATE - Re: Anyone have more details than just "available in the fall of 2007"?

UPDATE - Alex's responses below from my post on arfcom.

Answers to Questions:

1.) When will the XCR 7.62x39 conversion be available? Firm date.

We are only waiting on a magazine. C-Products makes great mags. When I met with them in January, they told me April, then August. Now it's Thanksgiving. We may just have to make them ourselves. They keep changing the way they're going to make them.

2.) Is there a firm price? It will be around $499.99.

3.) Will it function properly with cheap russian 7.62x39 steel cased (polymer or lacquer coated ammo) like Wolf, Brown Bear, Silver Bear, Privi, etc? (MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION)

Yes.

4.) What will the magazine capacity be?

I think they are 27 Round. If we make them they will be closer to 30.

5.) Will there be different capacity magazines available?

No.

6.) What will be the price for the magazines?

About $20.00

7.) What will be the expected accuracy of the XCR 7.62x39 conversion with the types of ammo listed above. (2ND MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION)

With Barnaul I shoot a 5 shot group just over an inch. With U.S. made 7.62x39mm, I shoot just under an inch.

8.) Where will the magazines be available? Only Robarms or elsewhere? (i.e. standardized type magazine or proprietary).

It will be C-Products mag.

9.) What will be the barrel lengths and rifling rates (twists) for the barrel(s)?

12", 14.5", and 16" with 1/10. We can also do 1/8.

10.) Will the 7.62x39 conversion also have the new easy adjustable gas system?

Yes, it has the 5 position adjustable system now shipping.

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
Manager

=============================
Alex,

Can you answer some of my questions then?

Below I've deleted my previous questions which have already been answered.
3.) Will it function properly with cheap russian 7.62x39 steel cased (polymer or lacquer coated ammo) like Wolf, Brown Bear, Silver Bear, Privi, etc? (MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION)
4.) What will the magazine capacity be? <I know these may be hard to answer right now>
5.) Will there be different capacity magazines available? <I know these may be hard to answer right now>
7.) What will be the expected accuracy of the XCR 7.62x39 conversion with the types of ammo listed above. (2ND MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION)
9.) What will be the barrel lengths and rifling rates (twists) for the barrel(s)?
10.) Will the 7.62x39 conversion also have the new easy adjustable gas system?

Also, would you be willing to start sales of the 7.62x39 conversion on a limited basis? Even though mags aren't yet available, I'd be willing to wait until a suitable magazine is produced so long as no changes to the lower are required.

BR
Juicespeare1

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ty had a very detail reponse in ARKKOM regarding the 7.62x39. I'm definitely getting one AND another XCR. I sold my Krebs KTR about a few weeks ago and I still have...let's say plenty of Wolf 7.62x39 ammo just waiting for the conversion.....

muuaaahhhahahahahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ty had a very detail reponse in ARKKOM regarding the 7.62x39. I'm definitely getting one AND another XCR. I sold my Krebs KTR about a few weeks ago and I still have...let's say plenty of Wolf 7.62x39 ammo just waiting for the conversion.....

muuaaahhhahahahahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Can you provide a link to the thread?

·
Registered
42 Posts

Hello comrades in arms. This is my first post on this forum

We have had the 7.62x39mm finished for some time. We have been in discussions with C-Products since January concerning the manufacture of a magazines. They thought they would have the 7.62x39mm magazine finished by the end of April, then August. Now it's November. Their reason for the delay is that they changed direction on the method of manufacture. It should provide a less expensive magazine and better quality. I am very disappointed as I'm sure you are. The good thing is that the prototypes do work and the magazines should be much less expensive. They were going to be -29 each. Now they should be cheaper.

I will post more on other calibers in another thread.

We may be forced to make the 7.62x39mm magazine ourselves.

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
Manager
Robinson Armament Co.
Can I just say how great it is to have this interface between us product users & you the manufacture. Thanks Alex for posting your comments & answering our question directly. That goes for Ty and Terra as well.

You all are a class act.

·
Registered
19 Posts
While we all have questions and the desire to have what we want, when we want it, It is information like this from both Terra & Alex that go ALONG way to keeping customers happy and willing to wait.

Updates about the new "stuff" we all want are all that is needed! Keep them coming when ANY new info id available!!

Thanks to both Terra & Alex!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts