XCR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Found this forum through Google. Sure glad I did. I'm looking to buy a CA Legal XCR here pretty soon, most likly the Version 3.
I've done my research, and for a complete and total newbie, the XCR appears to be the perfect candidate as my first firearm purchase. ;D
Anyway, expect me to ask newbie questions every now and then. ???

Thanks guys! (And girls. :D)

-Vic

P.S. I've been thinking...should I wait for the newer XCRs, with the improved trigger and AMBI bolt release? Or should I buy now, and wait for the upgrades to be made available in the future?

·
Registered
636 Posts
1st. Welcome :)

2nd. The AMBI bolt release, was standard from the get go.
3rd. The improved trigger, that should be out really soon. I think the parts are being made as I write this.

Terra is the goto girl on this for sure. You will love the XCR.

Note: I feel sorry for you, living in CA and all. Save yourself some $$$$$. Don't get Geico, get out of California. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I must have been thinking of an AMBI mag release or selector, which, if I understand, are both available from RobArms currently...?

See, there I go. Out with the newbie questions already. ;D (Part of my problem, is me not checking topic/reply dates...I need to start doing that, heh.)

-Vic

·
Registered
636 Posts
I must have been thinking of an AMBI mag release or selector, which, if I understand, are both available from RobArms currently...?

See, there I go. Out with the newbie questions already. ;D (Part of my problem, is me not checking topic/reply dates...I need to start doing that, heh.)

-Vic
Don't worry, unlike other places we won't hold against you here. ;)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome to the Big Show...

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I believe the ambi mag release is still in development.There is a currently available ambi safety,but I think there is a larger paddle style in the works too.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I got a question about comifornia. If I was to move to CA with my XCR and M4's, hi cap mags, etc; whould they still be legal? If not what would I have to do to make them legal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi-Cap mags are a big no-no here, unfortunately.

From what I understand, you could disassemble them, and stash them away as "parts", but I'm not 100% sure.

As for the rifles themselves, you won't be able to utilize "evil features" (Pistol grips, vertical grips, folding/collapsable stocks, etc.) without the use of a magazine lock. The two most common, are the Prince 50 and the Bullet Button. Both require "tools" to remove the magazine. The Prince 50 requires you to remove a grub screw to remove/insert a magazine. Once the grub screw is removed, the magazine release will act like a standard magazine release. If you were to remove the grub screw while the rifle has "evil features", it will be considered an assault rifle, and is a...felony, I'm pretty sure.

The Bullet Button magazine lock is what I perfer. You need to use a "tool", such as a .223 bullet, to push in a recessed button on the magazine lock, which allows the magazine catch to release, allowing the magazine to drop or be loaded.

Oh, also, the rifle need to be a certain length at all times. Can't remember what it is off hand, though.

Note: I'm still new to this, so the above might not be 100% correct.

And Tread, thanks. That's probably what I was thinking of...

-Vic

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I got a question about comifornia. If I was to move to CA with my XCR and M4's, hi cap mags, etc; whould they still be legal? If not what would I have to do to make them legal.
Why would you even think about such a thing? I used to live there and became a criminal (EBR) with the ink of a pen. I moved out of there and I was no longer a criminal. Go figure!

SheepDog :2rifle:

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you like owning guns and being able to shoot them the way god intended then I would highly recommend not moving to California. I'll be moving as soon as my girlfriend and I settle on where to.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's my shopping list:

Robinson Armaments XCR-L California Model 3 (w/Coyote Tan Cerakote Treatment)
16" Chrome Lined Barrel, Fluted, Heavy, 1/9 Twist, Chrome Lined
TriggerWorks Trigger Tuning
Robinson Armament MilSpec M4a1 Stock Adapter
Magpul ASAP Sling Mount
Magpul FDE MS2
PWS FSC556 Muzzle Break
LaRue Urban Dark Earth Furniture Kit (Stock, Rail Covers, Pistol Grip, Forward Grip)
Magpul FDE XTM Rail Covers
Magpul FDE 10/20 P-Magazine
Magpul FDE MBUS Set
AimPoint 3x Magnifier
LaRue 30mm Pivot Mount
AimPoint Micro T1
LaRue Micro T1 Mount
12x Magpul 30 Round FDE P-Magazine "Rebuild Kits" (Hah, I'll have fun trying to find these.)

What do you guys think? ;D

-Vic

·
Registered
919 Posts
If you like owning guns and being able to shoot them the way god intended then I would highly recommend not moving to California. I'll be moving as soon as my girlfriend and I settle on where to.
Just don't move to NY, it sucks here too.

·
Registered
503 Posts
We were talking about this a few weeks back. I think the census pointed towards meeting up in Utah, Idaho, or maybe one or two others? Conservative states that still believe in self defense...and still beautiful scenery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts