XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The founders were so insightfull in their words,it's unnerving,almost prophetic.It gives me cold chills to still hear their words echo throughout the ages in the Continental Congress,and the town halls throughout the colonies.When I read their word's it's as if they are trying to speak to us today,warning us of this destructive path we have let ourselves be led down.Through ignorance and lack of concern for our republic we will defeat ourselves through our complacent attitudes.The forever vigilance required to defend our liberty has been replaced with entitlement programs and begging for handouts.We are becoming slaves to our government,not unlike the brutal monarchies of the dark ages.We have punished success and rewarded failure for far too long.Our government no longer fears us,the cornerstone of a successful democracy.Where are all the Patriots that in centuries past would stand in opposition to taxation without representation,and those that would question Governments quest for more control of it's people? I wish I knew the answers to these questions,but even if we all did,is it too late to matter,have we let ourselves be controlled for too long?The future of the country I so dearly love,weighs heavy on my heart and mind.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
The reason they were so insightful as you put it, was due to the fact that they grew up under a true tyrannical government. They also were people who studied history and understood that which have never experienced yet. Oppression. There are some in our society that claim they have been oppressed, but that is for another time and place of argument. My point here is that we as an American society have never lived without freedom. We have never lived under a tyrannical government.

One can argue that this is what John Adams meant when he said "Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself." and "There was never a democracy that did commit suicide." Democracy will allow itself to become tyrannical because over time we become complacent. We all know the saying "complacency kills." If you asked your parents, or your grand parents, if they believe the government would ever become tyrannical and trample the rights of citizens. They would tell you never. It would never happen. Complacency!!!

That is the very reason why democracy will destroy itself. the people do not believe that it will happen until it actually does. At which point it will be too late and our great country is in turmoil. :(

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VB,if my placing this in the "general" section where I felt more people might see it offends you,my apologies.If you would like I can ask Lex to move it.I'm still unclear of why it's that important that you felt like I needed your reprimand.I was more concerned about the content than the placement.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This is a good link for folks to read. Too often liberals and conservatives alike say things like "what the founding fathers intended" without actually knowing anything the founding fathers actually said. Be aware of your history, it will help you in the future.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Too often liberals and conservatives alike say things like "what the founding fathers intended" without actually knowing anything the founding fathers actually said. Be aware of your history, it will help you in the future.
I've got a bunch of recommendations on books......
Start with the Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers.

Pick up the book on Paul Revere called "Paul Revere's Ride" - goes MUCH farther than the ride itself. Takes on the whole period in WELL referenced detail.

And there are many more - the one to carry with you at all times though is a copy of the Constitution itself!

I personally volunteer my time and effort to instruct at Appleseed events. I've been known to hand out pocket sized Constitution (Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, Gettysburg Address, and Ten Commandments) at these too. Not my favorite version, but a good one.

Then go and read everything you can on the FIJA website (fully informed jurists association) because what goes on in the courtooms today was enough to start the Revolutionary War. Don't believe me? As a guy named William Penn - as in the guy that Pennsylvania was named for.

And DO NOT allow the judge to lie to you when you're serving jury duty! Well, actually, let him lie (don't call him out on it and get kicked off the jury!) but don't believe a word of it nor be intimidated! ;D

·
Registered
22,174 Posts
Don't forget to also read the works of Thomas Paine.....I'm reading "Common Sense" right now.

It's eerie how similar many of the concerns he raises in this pamphlet echo our current situation. It's almost prophetic.

In any case, I have jury duty on Thursday.....I'll have to check out your FIJA site.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Remember, John Jay explained that as a juror, you've got the right AND THE RESPONSIBILITY to not only judge the facts of the case, but also to judge the law itself.

Jay, as the first chief justice of the supreme court, would know a thing or two about what a jurist's rights are.

Modern amirikan judges will tell you specifically that you DO NOT have the authority to judge the law. They lie. There are MANY citations from the SCOTUS showing that a jurist DOES have the right and responsibility to judge the law.

It was a BEAUTIFUL decision. It parallelled the courts (who, as part of the government, derive their authorities from the consent of the governed) to servants. They stated that it wasn't the servants position to tell the master what the master could and could not do!

Unfortunately, there are also SCOTUS citations which say they have no liability to educate you on what your rights are, and your rights are in no way abrogated if they actively lie to you.

Sad really - that people wouldn't have any more idea what their rights are........

I'd love to get myself on a federal jury on dope charges. Doesn't matter what he did, he's innocent. Not that I like dope, but there's NOWHERE in Article I section 8 that authorizes the federal government to make any law pertaining to dope.

The best argument the feds have used is that the dope "affects interstate commerce" - even though it's illegal commerce, and doesn't cross state lines ::)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts