XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to start this thread by thanking santini for this great job he done on this rifle. words cannot describe how much i appreciate this. i took alot of photos so hold on to your hat,lol.

my daughter helped me put it together,lol. :duh:

i wanna also thank terra for finding this gun 4 me. she went out of her way 4 me. this forum deserves some thanks as well. terra do those bullet look familiar? maddog tripod looks nice on it, thanks.....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks good... but is it shiny in person or is it just because of the flash?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Looks good... but is it shiny in person or is it just because of the flash?
DuraCoat standard colors do have a bit of a sheen to them, but I believe the shine in these pics is magnified by the flash. Also, the color is washed out a little bit. This rifle was refinished at the same time as Maddogdan's....stolen picture:

Cleric's rifle looks just like this in the sun and away from bright flashes. :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I'm very curious to see pics of how well Duracoat holds up after a couple thousand rounds. Does anyone have before/after pics?

Does the barrel or any of the components (e.g. flash hider, receiver, forearm) lose its consistency in color/finish after a couple mag dumps or extended range time?

Does the finish wear off the mags after repeated insertions into the mag well?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Oh, and for the record, EVERYTHING I've seen posted that GR8 has done - has been first class NICE!

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Screw the rifle, no offense, but your daughter has an infectious smile. That is one seriously beautiful girl.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Like the title says. Its another great job by the GR8 Santini!! AND, that girl is another great job by Cleric-Dragoon!!!

RedGMC: Duracoat is pretty tuff stuff, but it's still just a coating so it can be scratched. I dropped my Duracoated AR on cement while unloading the truck. It nicked the end of the flashider, then flipped around and popped a little spot off on the plastic telestock, then landed on the side but no damage there. IF your concerned about temp regular duracoat is good to at least 500. Duracoat offers DuraHeat that's good to 1800 (I think), but it only comes in a few colors. I coated my silencer with Duraheat in Woodland Tan. It really gets hot. Probably have 300 rounds through it. After it cools off I wipe it with a damp rag and it still looks like I just painted it. I'll see in the long run.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks RNZ..... im very happy with my dura coat job from santini, now all i got to do is shot this creation!! i have yet to shot it since i bought it. :ninja:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts