XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was sitting here thinking to myself the otherday (and after reading Prizm's post about his list) that I need to make a list of everything I need to aquire prior to a possibly really really bad election year.

I haven't placed pen to paper yet but I have some good ideas thus far. Any one else thinking they may need to stock up on a few extra goodies in the next 6-8 months?? Here are some thoughts I had

1. 2-3 AR Lowers
2. A POF .308 Lower
3. AAC Cans (M4-200 in 6.8, 7.62-SD and a 9mm)
4. Lots of P-Mags
5. lots of SR-25/DMPS mags
6. XCR-M
7. GSG-5 with Gemtech and SBRed
8. Extra Hi Cap mags for any pistols I own (M&Ps, SIGs)
9. ~10 more 6.8 mags
10. Build my 9mm AR (7.5 inch barrel)
11. Build a 45 ACP AR
12. Add a few more AR lowers to the list

That is about all I can think of right now, I am sure there are a few things I am missing.

Feel free to make suggestions.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Aziator, it's scary how much your list resembles mine. You've overlapped with me on several things some of which I have completed but only cause I started a while ago.
1. I have 3 lowers and just bought a 4 which will be going through the NFA process in a week or so.
2. Got the whole POF.
3. I want an ACC 7.62 can.
4. Got lots of P mags but am ordering more this week.
5. Ordered 15 DPMS mags, but want to order 5 or so of the C Products .308s.
6. XCR-M... YES!
7. Nothing here.
8. I called last week about M&P hi caps... everyone is out.
9. I want 15 6.8 mags in case I ever get one.
10. Built an AR 9mm shorty a few years ago.
11. Get a M&P .45, hopefully within 2 weeks.
12. See 1.
13. Get ACR/SCAR if I can, before I can't.

I have tons of ammo and keep buying it as I find it cheap.

That's all I can think of.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I'll play

1) AAC can for 7.62x51 (AR-10 SuperSASS)
2) AAC can for 5.56
3) XCR-M
4) SCAR-H
5) SCAR-L
6) Another FAL (standard furniture 21" barrel config)
7) Another M1A (squad scout 18" barrel config)
8) LWRC Piston Carbine
9) PTR-91
10) A Tactical Bolt gun chambered in .338 Lapua

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
My list is pretty much the same but I will second the PTR-91 to go along with my M1A and FAL. Heck, I am even looking at a GSG-5 for plinking.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I enjoy 'to get' list threads...

sbr'd gsg5
build a nice 10/22
sbr my xcr
x39 xcr conversion
advantage arms .22 conversion for my g19
.22, 9mm, and 5.56 cans
a nice ak74
a 16" dsa fal
a tactical .308 bolt gun with nice glass
maybe a psl
beater ak in 7.62x39
3 good ar lowers
walther pps in 9mm
ruger lcp
xd45 4" compact

here's the c&r list I have to get started on too :p
2 garands
2 1903's
2 mosin 91/30's and 2 44's
1 mauser
1 enfield

ah, accessories too:
I need to figure out a flashlight setup for my xcr
decide on sights for my g34
a vest setup
sights for the xd45 when i get it
maybe lasergrips for g19 and ruger lcp

and of course mags and ammo for everything :)

it's so nice to have cheap hobbies :duh:

·
Registered
874 Posts
1. XCR-M (Preordered Already)
2. Magpul Massoud
3. LWRC SABR Teleportation Device
4. Swiss Arms SG 552 (Could buy at anytime)
5. Swiss Arms SG 550 (Could buy at anytime)
6. FN SCAR-H
7. Bushmaster ACR
8. Noveske Diplomat AR-15 7.5inch barrel
9. XCR-L in 7.62x39 (preordered already)
10. Micro Tavor in 9mm (preordered already)
11. Troy Industries MCS (In the process of importing one as we speak should be another 5-9 weeks.)
12. A good AR in 9mm
13. 20 7.62x39 mags for XCR-L in 7.62x39
14. 20 Mags for XCR-M

G

·
seems to me that your priorities are about ok, with one MAJOR exception.... massive quantities of ammo. that is the one area that they may suceed in getting. additionally the guns and accessories will not appreciably increase in value nor will they increase in price significantly. Ammo is a whole other story tho. it really makes good financial sense to limit the arsenal to a few critical calibers and then stockpile ammo as high as you can.

Magazines are another good asset to keep around. they make good barter items and can be difficult or expensive if a nother ban goes thru.

all the guns in the world wont do you a bit of good if you don't have ammo to feed them. it should always be on or near the top of ones list. (think 10K per caliber as a minimum and 10 mags per gun as a minimum)

optics should be very low on the list. as should aquireing any duplicates of existing weapons. any new calibers should bump an old one.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
1) Saiga 12 gauge shotgun: Should be here this week
2) XCR M plus 15 mags, lots of ammo, and reloading dies for .308
3) 6.5 kit for my XCR

Not much of a list...

·
Registered
431 Posts
1. Bushmaster ACR
2. LMT M4 14.5" barrel
3. Pmags
4. .223
This is all I want right now... SCAR would be neat but...

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Go along with GR8, except the XCR-M in 260 Remington or 6.5 Credmore w/ many Mags.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
seems to me that your priorities are about ok, with one MAJOR exception.... massive quantities of ammo. that is the one area that they may suceed in getting. additionally the guns and accessories will not appreciably increase in value nor will they increase in price significantly. Ammo is a whole other story tho. it really makes good financial sense to limit the arsenal to a few critical calibers and then stockpile ammo as high as you can.

Magazines are another good asset to keep around. they make good barter items and can be difficult or expensive if a nother ban goes thru.

all the guns in the world wont do you a bit of good if you don't have ammo to feed them. it should always be on or near the top of ones list. (think 10K per caliber as a minimum and 10 mags per gun as a minimum)

optics should be very low on the list. as should aquireing any duplicates of existing weapons. any new calibers should bump an old one.
I guess I should have put my ammo on there. I have been aquiring bullets when they are good prices (have 8K for 6.8 and 4K for 5.56 ready to be reloaded). I am working on building up my powder and primer stocks. This is all tough with a trip to Italy promissed to the Boss for our 10 year anniversary (next May). I am slowly building it all up though.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
OOO I can play. This is a wishlist too...

#1. Atleast 5 more PMAGS
#2. Case 5.56
#3. M1 Garand from OCSP
#4. Some .308 EBR ... XCR-M, LWRC, something, SOCOM II ...
#5. Ammo for above

PMAGS won't be an issue for me, the ammo won't be too much of an issue... I need about 1K more rounds... don't shoot very often but better get it now. Been drooling over the Garand for awhile. I want to get a service grade and shoot it for the history sake and keep it around for collecting. I would like an M1A Scout or something like that... but there are lots of other .308's that I like.

·
Registered
681 Posts

8k 6.8? Are you loading your own 6.8? That's awesome. I have 6K 7.62x39, 5500 5.56, 5k 9mm, 2k.45, and 3500 .308, not including the precision stuff. My goal is to continue to buy it (per my earlier post) as long as I find it reasonable. I'd like to get my .45 and .308 stock up a little more. My buddy said it best, "buying ammo is so anti-climactic".

I guess I should have put my ammo on there. I have been aquiring bullets when they are good prices (have 8K for 6.8 and 4K for 5.56 ready to be reloaded). I am working on building up my powder and primer stocks. This is all tough with a trip to Italy promissed to the Boss for our 10 year anniversary (next May). I am slowly building it all up though.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Awsome lists guys!!! I edited mine a little.

1) More silencers (I have .22lr, and 9mm. I want 5.56 & 7.62)
2) Bushmaster ACR (but it wont be out until next spring).
3) DPMS LR-308, because the mags will fit the XCR-M.
4) XCR-M (whenever it comes out)

I always want more ammo and mags. I keep about 5k rnds of ammo in 9mm military ball, and over I know I have over 10k in M193 & M855.
BTW: How long is 5.56 viable? If I keep it in ammo cans with silica? Some of the cans are dated in the 1980's.

Hey Gr8, have you ever refinished AR mags? I've done thousands, pretty easy.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hey Gr8, have you ever refinished AR mags? I've done thousands, pretty easy.
He is doing some for me

I think I will have them this week when I get them back I am going to post some pics

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yeah, mine was a stupid question. He DuraCoats everything, which is probably better. I just refinished them with Permaslik-G (its a Molylube dry-film the like original) and baked them to restore them.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
OOO I can play. This is a wishlist too...

#1. Atleast 5 more PMAGS
#2. Case 5.56
#3. M1 Garand from OCSP
#4. Some .308 EBR ... XCR-M, LWRC, something, SOCOM II ...
#5. Ammo for above

PMAGS won't be an issue for me, the ammo won't be too much of an issue... I need about 1K more rounds... don't shoot very often but better get it now. Been drooling over the Garand for awhile. I want to get a service grade and shoot it for the history sake and keep it around for collecting. I would like an M1A Scout or something like that... but there are lots of other .308's that I like.
I forgot to add that I wanted to get the 7.62 x 39 conversion kit, ammo, and mags.

Oh well... #1, #2, and ammo for the kit are ordered ;D

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
1: Another semi-auto .308
2: 2 x Glocks for the girls
3: Beretta PX4 Sub-compact in .40 S&W
4: EDM Wind Runner .338 LM
5: Possibly another .223 Semi
6: another AR FA lower
7: HK MP5 FA Lower

That'll do.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1: Another semi-auto .308
2: 2 x Glocks for the girls
3: Beretta PX4 Sub-compact in .40 S&W
4: EDM Wind Runner .338 LM
5: Possibly another .223 Semi
6: another AR FA lower
7: HK MP5 FA Lower

That'll do.
#'s 6 and 7 are always on my list but they are way down on the list.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts