1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I know what you mean. I thought the many violations of typical gun safety was funny until I realized there are dumbasses out there that really act like this.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Guns are NOT for everyone. I know a guy that should never own a gun either. He loves guns and does have a few, but hes an idiot and never uses muzzle dicipline. Kinda like the guy in that video actually.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I bet if you sit and think for a minute, we all know at least one person (whether guy or gal) that probably should not own/handle/possess a weapon.

These are probably the same people sitting at the next table in a restaurant or beside you at the traffic light in town.

They are the people that buy cheap-ass $150 chrome plated Cobra .32's that have no safety - and carry them mexican style or in flimsy $5 nylon holsters. These same people have never taken a gun safety course, and are most likely to be carrying illegally - using that stupid "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" mentality.

Yes, I know a few of these people... and I avoid them whenever I can.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm in GA. I definately know the type. But, the guy I thinking about is an engineer. He's intelligent, he just has no common sense. I've seen him at the range (and even in the office showing a new pistol he bought) and point it right at me or someone while he's talking to them, and not think about it. He's not doing it in a threatening manner. It might just be in his hand while he's talking about something. He's just careless. I told him that he may be the boss, but if I see that again I'll take it away from him.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You see guys doing crap like that at the range ,i don't go to them anymore because of stuff like that.
Most people who have been shooting all their lives have had an accidental discharge.
But it wasn't over this stupidity ,and our muzzles are usually pointed in a safe direction.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
True story:

A friend of mine was sitting on the toilet and looking at his 1911. He pulled the hammer back, aimed at the floor trim and pulled the trigger. Boom! He said he shit again.

The moral really is he had it pointed in a safe direction (downward) so the only thing hurt was his pride! Be careful out there!!!!

Col Maddog :2rifle:

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Also true...

Two of friends sitting on the couch, one is looking at the other's new pistol. He knows it's loaded, and while looking at it in the midst of conversation for some reason (no idea why) pulls the trigger. Fortunately he had the muzzle pointed in a safe direction (not by much though), it goes through the couch, through the wall into the kitchen. After they pull themselves together they go into the kitchen and open the cabinet door, the bullet is just lying right there on the shelf.

Both were very experienced with firearms. My friend that made the shot was also in the military, and even had his FFL at that time I believe. He admitted he was very nervous for a long time after that mainly due to how unexpected it was and how close he came to putting a round through the other guy. Stuff happens.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Insert Quote
A very sad attempt from a movie production company, telling people guns are not safe.
With two butt pirate actors trying to hard to send a message, come on

I could be wrong ,but it just looked like parody to me,but sometimes there is a hidden agenda.
About negligent discharges,pay attention kiddies...COMPLACENCY KILLS!!!!!!!!
Obviously when you handle firearms more regularly than most people,there is a greater chance of having an N.D. I don't mean to preach,but I've been right beside one when it happened and trust me,it gives you a new appreciation for muzzle control and trigger awareness.I just want everyone to stay safe,it just takes vigilance.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I remember a story that got a few headlines back about 25 years ago when I lived in the Northeast. A member of a local swat team blew his big toe off with his Hi-Power. The guy got home from work, crashed on his couch, drew his pistol, and dropped the mag. He started panning around the room, taking a bead on different things, finally settled on his toe and pulled the trigger. The gun went "bang" and his toe disappeared.

"But wait," you say. "The Hi-Power has a mag disconnect, it shouldn't have fired." Quite right. But the genius had it wired closed, then claimed he forgot he had the work done.

When he came back from medical leave, he was assigned a desk job.

tk

·
Registered
919 Posts
True story:

A friend of mine was sitting on the toilet and looking at his 1911. He pulled the hammer back, aimed at the floor trim and pulled the trigger. Boom! He said he shit again.

The moral really is he had it pointed in a safe direction (downward) so the only thing hurt was his pride! Be careful out there!!!!

Col Maddog :2rifle:
What about the poor floor trim?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts