XCR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please stick to the topic which is FREEDOM.

Throughout the history of this great nation, many have given the ultimate sacrifice so that those they may never know, can live as a free people. Measures have been taken over the years to ensure that these freedoms we hold so dear to our hearts, will never be taken from us. Sometimes; those very measures, taken in security's namesake, to safeguard those liberties, become the true threats to our freedom.

The contrast to liberty is security.

The only true safeguard to liberty is in the hearts of free men, who are willing to lay down their lives, even against all odds, to ensure that others be free. Freedom is not a concept; but rather a way of life. It is a culture of shedding blood to protect it. Freedom is good. For the true heart of man is of evil and evil fears all that is good. Only those who lust for power fear the freedom of others. Those whom it is with lust for power shall have their hearts wretched from their chest and the blood within it be spread upon the roots of liberty by free men.

You can only be free if I am free! :freedom:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Since you didn't ask a question, I'm not sure what kind of discussion you might be seeking to generate, but I'll take a shot. :sniper:

If "the true heart of man is of evil," then perhaps we shouldn't have freedom. I mean, should inherently evil beings be allowed to run around free with guns?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:banghead: :blah: :raspberry:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:laughposter:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts