XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has to be one of the most high-handed bills I've seen in a long time. It has been filed by Re. Rosa DeLauro, D-Conn, and has 41 cosponsors, most (or all) Democrats. DeLauro's husband is an exec with Monsanto, which stands to gain bigtime from this bill. It creates a new federal department that has control over the food supply, and would essentially outlaw organic farming. Opponents say it would run family and independent farmers out of business. It would ban independent stocks of seeds, and some have maintained could even apply to backyard gardens.

http://shepardpolitics.blogspot.com/2009/03/hr-875-would-essentially-outlaw-family.html

tk

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man, that ain't no joke. My father-in-law used to have a "garden" that fed his whole family and several neighbors. Corn, potatoes, beans, tomatoes, etc. If someone came to him and told him he had to buy certain seed corn or that he couldn't lay out next year's taters from this year's, there would have been trouble. That's how he fed his family. I'm just stunned by the stupidity of all of this......

tk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts