XCR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Terra,

So here's my predicament: I'm wanting a 6.5 and a .308. I haven't seen any other rifle I like as much as my 5.56 XCR, and would prefer to get both the 6.5 and .308 in the same platform. Problem is, they're not available yet. When I was at the gun show yesterday, I could hear the FAL calling me: "I'm reliable, I'm accurate, dozens of countries have relied on me." You get the idea.

Now, I'm a patient man (I grow bonsai, I'd better be able to wait <g>). But the election creates a critical variable: Do I have the time to wait for the development of these two products? With Palin on the ticket, a McCain victory likely means clear sailing for at least four years. But an Obama/Biden victory likely means an all-out assault on the second amendment. Which means prices will go up, things will be harder to find, and development will be curtailed.

So forgive me for putting you on the spot, but when would you anticipate having the 6.5 and .308 ready to ship?

thanks for the help

tk

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
FWIW, I spoke to Alex before I deployed and he assured me that he would have .308 lowers available prior to any change in the political scene. I know this doesn't help you right now but I would expect that to still be true.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's encouraging. Any idea about the uppers?

tk

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
It's a biggie for me too - unless I can see an XCR-M lower coming quick, I'm gonna buy more M14s before the November elections.

I'd rather have the XCR-M, but if push comes to shove, I'd rather have my 2nd favorite rather than nothing.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
The .308 will be a ways out. It is still in early design.

The 6.5 is still going through R/D kinks. We thought she was good to go, but upon test firing one to ship, we discovered some problems with punched primers AND light strikes. Some more tweaking, and she will be good to go.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Terra,

thanks for the response. So we don't even have final specs on the .308, and the machining has not yet begun, correct?

However, we could have the 6.5 by the end of the year?

sorry to put you on the spot, but thanks for the help

tk

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
The 6.5 will probably most definitely ship before the end of the year. We have just about everything we need, if not all of it.

·
Registered
874 Posts
All depends on if you can get the problems fixed. Please get fixed soon so you can streamline the production of the XCR-M. >:D

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
FWIW, I spoke to Alex before I deployed and he assured me that he would have .308 lowers available prior to any change in the political scene.

the feds only have to add 2 words to the law to negate that effort.... "or assembled"
All you need is one upper and some high school kid to snap it on there to say it was an assembled rifle, then toss the lower in a shipping box and out the door. Next!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FWIW, I spoke to Alex before I deployed and he assured me that he would have .308 lowers available prior to any change in the political scene.

the feds only have to add 2 words to the law to negate that effort.... "or assembled"
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.

tk

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ms. T,

Can I order the 6.5 kit directly from you guys, or do I have to go through a dealer?

tk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts