XCR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a trip down to Robarms to get the stock swapped on my XCR to a folding stock with a shorter length of pull. The new stock is perfect in length (about an inch shorter than the standard model). Terra did the swap really quick. The lady knows her way around a carbine.

I also got to spend about 45 minutes with Alex. He is a good guy who not only cares about the XCR, but his customers as well. He knows so much about guns and the industry; one can’t help but be impressed. We spoke about quite a few things, including the SCAR program, FN SCAR, ACR, AR15's and the unique challenges related to making a reliable 6.5 conversion

He also showed me some cool toys like a full auto 12" XCR with match trigger. That's right; the match trigger people have been waiting for. It’s very slick; short take up, no slap, predictable and light break point. I like the new trigger a lot!

He also showed me some other VERY FREAKING COOL stuff I can’t talk about right now. Some developments were XCR and M96 specific, and others were...lets just say Alex is a wizard and might have the solution to a question many are asking.

So what have I learned after my visit to Robarm

1. Terra has some crazy XCR skills and is too cute for the monkeys that post on this forum
2. Alex is a genius and truly a friend to gun owners and the industry
3. The XCR is still the coolest carbine on the planet, especially full auto SBR's with match triggers ;D

The next few months are going to be really exciting for XCR owners.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Agreed and well met!

On the shorty stock, that's EXACTLY how I had my first XCR done - old serial number 5X.
One inch shorter on the tubes, with the folding hardware, was PERFECT in my opinion.

Dudeski, you and I are gonna have to hook up one day.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
1. Terra .... is too cute for the monkeys that post on this forum

dude, why you got to ruin my weekend like that? ;)

and you can't post about having secret squirrel knowledge without giving a decent hint. It's in the Geneva Conventions! Nah, I can't back that up. I got nothing. :D

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
VB you lucky bastard. ;D I would love to get a little glimpse into the genius behind Robarms.I did however speak to Alex for the first time on the phone today and I agree he knows his stuff.I believe that the new stock is going to be pretty damn sweet.I'd love to sit around with him for a few hours and pick his brain.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
VB or Terra,

Will trade cold beer, hot Tex Mex, BBQ, and our two weeny dogs for info. I am also willing to consider other options.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I feel the same way. i trade emails with alex and on occasion he drops hints about future endeavors but I can't tell anyone about them. I hate it sometimes. I do wish I could feel that new trigger, it sounds real nice.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
sounds like afun tour, I wish I was in that region sometimes...

I agree, with all the secret squirrel stuff coming down the pike, these next few months should be really cool for the xcr.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Variablebinary - Wait, you mean your not Alex, Terra and Robarms? Well yet another myth dispelled. Thanks for the post and I hope we can see this stuff soon...

·
Registered
384 Posts
i got to speak with alex one time on the phone. he was very cool and answered all my questions about the xcr. then when i found out he was the owner of the company i was impressed he took the time to speak 2 me personally. but im jealous vb, i would like to see rob arms myself. 8)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got to speak with alex one time on the phone. he was very cool and answered all my questions about the xcr. then when i found out he was the owner of the company i was impressed he took the time to speak 2 me personally. but im jealous vb, i would like to see rob arms myself. 8)
It was a very cool experiance. If you're ever in the area and can get time arranged with Terra I would encourage you to take a tour. Lots of cool stuff just laying around that Alex is more than happy to show off.

On a side note, the very fact that Alex took time out to speak to me at all speaks volumes about him as a person. Try doing that with FN, or Bushmaster, or heaven forbid, HK...

Terra was awesome, as always.

I really like the new trigger after playing with it. At first I didnt think I would "upgrade", but for sure I will once it's done and ready to ship, which Alex says will most likely be before year end. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Good trip. I for one am looking forward to a new trigger, one more in keeping with the rest of the rifle's design quality.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I really like the new trigger after playing with it. At first I didnt think I would "upgrade", but for sure I will once it's done and ready to ship, which Alex says will most likely be before year end. Fingers crossed.

[/quote]

Crossed fingers? No wonder you have problems with the trigger. ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts