XCR Forum banner

Took a trip to the range today

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  tacweapon 
#1 ·
I took a trip to the range today with a friend and we took some pictures and a few videos

Weapons we took
Robinson Arms XCR
Taurus PT 1911SS
Hi-Point 4095 Carbine
Sporterized M38 Mosin Nagant
Thompson Center 22
M91/30 Mosin Nagant
AK-47

Overall the day was fun.
I just thought I would share some of the pictures and the videos.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice tac. I didn't realize photobucket hosted video. Did you use the insert flash
icon for those? What was the problem with the AK? FTEs? FTFs?

#3 ·
No I did not use the insert flash I just copied and pasted the same thing you do to insert a picture.
The AK is not mine, but my friend that was firing it had a lot of FTL but I think that is manly because he was trying to bumb fire it and half of the orginal parts are missing and just hardware store bolts have replaced them

#6 ·
The range is a local police range they let me join, it has a 100 yard rifle range, a cabin on top of the ridgeline, about 100 acres, and hunting privileges all for $30, and there hardly anyone out there because the police have built a new nicer range.

#7 ·
The range is a local police range they let me join, it has a 100 yard rifle range, a cabin on top of the ridgeline, about 100 acres, and hunting privileges all for , and there hardly anyone out there because the police have built a new nicer range.
I'm envious. My "local" range is 45 minutes away and has more rules than I can list in one post plus it's $10 per visit. Chief among the the rules is shooting only takes place from the bench. When I see stuff like you, VB and Terra moving and firing in wide open places I get sooooo jealous. Best I can do is another range 1hr 45 away that I get to shoot out to 500m. Still bench firing and occasionally from shooting sticks depending who's around. That range costs $150 per yr. :'(

#12 ·
Good man. Nice to see people out there are shooting. It's sad when someone buys a 00 firearm, only to get it out twice a year
It does not make any sense to me to have a weapon and not shoot it is after all what they are made for. I go out to the range atleast 3 times a month but usually it is closer to 6 or 7 times a month.

Looks like fun.

Here's a tip, feel free to ignore me. Try leaning into the rifle when you shoot, it will make it easier to control. Straighten your back and lean forward at the hips. Don't lean in by arching your back.
Thanks for the tip, I am welcome to as many as I can get, I much rather listen to someone who has been there and knows then to just do things my way when if I listen to someone else I could do better

#11 ·
Looks like fun.

Here's a tip, feel free to ignore me. Try leaning into the rifle when you shoot, it will make it easier to control. Straighten your back and lean forward at the hips. Don't lean in by arching your back.

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.