XCR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you transact business in this section, be it buying, selling or trading, You are expect to act honorably and to treat the other party or parties in your transaction as you wish to be treated.

The condition of items for sale or trade should be described in an accurate and honest fashion. Problems and flaws worthy of note should not be concealed. A lie by omission is still a lie.

Parties to a transaction should agree on details of the transaction before money or merchandise changes hands.

Buyers should send payment promptly. To my mind, this means payment should be received by the seller within seven days after an agreement is struck, unless other arrangements have been made and agreed upon by both parties.

Sellers should ship merchandise promptly. To me, this means shipment within seven days after payment is received, unless other arrangements have been made and agreed upon by both parties.

Response to queries by the other party should be prompt. Responses to emails should be made within 24 hours, unless mitigating circumstances exist.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Courtesy and Common Sense are still fashionable. ;D

SheepDog :2rifle:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is there a way to start a feedback system? Or would it not be to helpful due to the number of members here?

Possibility (I figure I should at least offer a suggestion/solution since I posed the question). I'm not saying these are the best ideas, just ideas.

1) Maybe just a sticked folder where we could put a +1 (like on bARF), the persons screen name and a link to the Trading Post object they purchased.

2) Have the seller edit the ad after sold to verify who it was sold to and payment received (I figure that is the end of the buyers responsibility), then buyer, then the buyer edit his "I'll take it" with a update when received. I say edit/update so it does not bump the ad. Any new buyers can search the sellers posting history in the Trading Post.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I believe that we should petition Lex to set up a system similar to "ebay's" or whatever's that will HONESTLY grade buyers and sellers on the things that matter in getting a sale done correctly, honestly, expeditiously and professionally. It would be very good if we didn't have some of the problems that we have had in the past to happen again. I know that it is always possible that a wolf in sheep's clothing gets into Our midst and runs a scam on one or some of us, BUT, when we have checks and balances in place, it makes it more difficult for the dishonest person(s) to run their scam any more than a few times......

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In a perfect world a "Ebay type" rating system for buyers and sellers would be great, however Lex
created this site because he's purchased an XCR and likes the platform. He spends his own money
to do whatever he can to maintain it so asking him to develop something to rate buyers and sellers may be a little much.

I really don't know if it's a big deal or not but if we all remember to follow the outlined basic rules we should be good. I do think
we should institute a 25 or 50 post minimum for anyone wanting to sell in the Trading Post. I believe that selling in the Forum should
be reserved for those who contribute in a positive manner in the Forum. More times then not the scams and problems come from people
who sign up for the sole purpose of ripping someone off.

:2cents:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
You are correct Tzoid, sometimes when I am at the end of my pain meds., I have some trouble getting down on paper what my mind wants to say. I am a disabled Vet, Nam, and the meds that they have me on, sometimes impede my abilities. Sorry about the confusion. I'll try not to screw things up next time........

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sinker,

You're fine buddy.... I just thought I was feeling the effects of the 12 beers I drank the night before I was reading the post.

;D

I see you're one of the true contributors of this Forum.

T

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Well, thank you for that Tzoid. I don't know if you have noticed, but there are a few of us that contribute to the costs of Our Forum. I don't think that Lex should have to shoulder all the financial costs for us to have this to enjoy. You might look into it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
First and foremost THANK YOU for your service Sinker and welcome home from a fellow VN Vet.

Second and in keeping with this post I have purchased from another forum member precisely what he said he had at a price we both agree on and after sending him a USP money order received the parts in a timely manner. For the most part it seems most of the forum members are honest and treat each other as they would like to be, but it just takes a few bad apples to spoil the barrel. I agree that there should be a way that we could all be made aware if others experiences such as the rating system used by EBay and others. Most of us consider a mans word to be his bond, those that don't need to learn this important principle.

Great forum and I am not looking to make more work for the webmaster as he has put together an excellent service that we all enjoy getting into and following even if we do not post as much as some of our more eloquent forum members.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe we can start a thread called Member Endorsements and experiences and make it a Sticky.

After a transaction is complete both the buyer and seller can post their experience Positive or negative.

I think this will serve as at least a point of reference for members , I do suggest we all be to the point and brief. ;D

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
It a good idea except when the list gets to be ten pages long no-one is going to want to read the whole thing to find out who is trustworthy.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've seen them on a few other forums, and I think they can work even if they get to be quite a few pages long. The secret is there needs to be a format for naming the post that makes them easy to search. Something like "Feedback (user name) A+" or what have you.

That way you can always just search for "feedback Ashraam" etc to see if there's a post for that person.

ETA- I guess this would require a separate section in the forum so each feedback would be a different thread. Maybe that's more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Barfcom had a decent system before they got automated with it. They had an admin whose sole job was to go through the posts; "Soandso +1", then the "master" list would be updated. You didn't have to sort through all the pages, just go to the master list of names to see their status. If it was a negative post the admin acted as a mediator and if it didn't get worked out then and only then would a neagative mark be left.

Of course people can get back on with different names and such but once again they're an unknown so buyer beware.

·
Super Moderator
269 Posts
Hi guys,
Please be careful doing business with any new accounts. I don't want anyone to get scammed. If you receive any suspicious messages for one of your trading post topics, please submit a report.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23,041 Posts
Hi guys,
Please be careful doing business with any new accounts. I don't want anyone to get scammed. If you receive any suspicious messages for one of your trading post topics, please submit a report.

Thanks!
This becoming a problem? Haven't seen or heard anything sketchy. Just wondering.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts