XCR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buy the Mapul MIAD grip with enhance trigger guard. But before I spend the money, I am wondering if anyone has had problem installing this. I can't recall seeing it in any of the photos in the gallery. Is it possible to install the enhanced trigger guard? If not has RA considered making this very, very miner enhancement? If not why?

Wait a minute. Let me clarify. I know you can add the Magpul enhanced trigger guard by itself, but what about the MIAD front plate with the enhanced trigger guard?

:-\

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
There were a couple of people that posted and they broke the hole in the receiver removing the retaining pin. Robarms has a new recevier designed because of 'us' breaking it for this very reason.
I had no problem with mine but I used a punch and laid the receiver on something to support around the hole while I tapped on the pin.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Same here. no problems doing mine, but others have not been so lucky.

But if the new triggerguard was available, I wouldn't have bought the magpul.

tk

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
If you use the front strap with the t/g from the full MIAD kit you won't have any trouble. I believe the punch size you'll need is 1/8", or maybe one step down, I can't recall off the top of my head. They cost a couple bucks at your local hardware store. Magpul is also coming out with a MOE trigger guard as well that is polymer and about half the price if you want something separate.

Some folks ahve had to take a little sandpaper to their MIAD's because the rear strap won't sit flush on the receiver. May take some fitting if you worry about such things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts