XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, go figure. I really messed up the trigger group. Here's how it went down.... During break-in, i was having ALOT of various problems. IE: Double Feed, Ejection, Trigger locking. So i read and read all of the threads in the forum on the possible solutions. Went to Home Depot and bought a Dremel. Caution: Dremel's can do ALOT of damage (ie: grinding) in seconds! Anyways, i grinded too much. Now, the disconnecter will not hold Hammer down when the trigger is held in. Of course, i did not fire it after this occurred. Bad things can happen!

So my solution? Ship my F'd up lower to Bill Springfield. He's the man with the skills.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
The issues you are having would be due to the gas block, not the trigger parts. You need either a new disconnect or a new hammer. :copcar:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Did you grind any on the disconnector? If not you may possibly just need a new hammer.Why exactly did you use the grinding wheel on the Dremal to the trigger anyway,I hope it wasn't because of my advise.I have used a grinder to fix trigger slap,but nothing to do with the trigger/sear contact points.The difference in using a bench grinder and a Dremal are the RPM's that they operate at,the Dremal being much faster.The only thing I used a Dremal for was polishing with a cloth buffing wheel.Anyway sending the lower off won't do much good until you replace the damaged part/s.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Terra- Thanks, I'll send the upper to you today. Also, can you please take a look at the gas setting knob. It is very lightly marked.

I've sent an email to Bill Springfield asking him if he has any extra trigger parts i need to replace. Have not got a response yet. If he does not have the parts, I'll order them thru Robinson and if you could just send them over to Bill, that would be very much appreciated.

dont_tread_on_me - Your advice is great. I just completly failed to properly follow instructions. If i was still in the Army, im sure i would still be pushing the floor :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Went to Home Depot and bought a Dremel. Caution: Dremel's can do ALOT of damage (ie: grinding) in seconds! Anyways, i grinded too much. Now, the disconnecter will not hold Hammer down when the trigger is held in.

Wow. Are you sure you didn't buy a 4" angle grinder?
:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Thanks for the compliment,but I still hate that your having problems.It looks to me like maybe all you will need is a hammer,although I can't from the pics if the disconnect has been altered.It looks like you just removed too much material from the top side of the bump on the hammer,damn that really sucks.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Terra- Thanks, I'll send the upper to you today. Also, can you please take a look at the gas setting knob. It is very lightly marked.

I've sent an email to Bill Springfield asking him if he has any extra trigger parts i need to replace. Have not got a response yet. If he does not have the parts, I'll order them thru Robinson and if you could just send them over to Bill, that would be very much appreciated.

dont_tread_on_me - Your advice is great. I just completly failed to properly follow instructions. If i was still in the Army, im sure i would still be pushing the floor :)
Drop and give me 100! :mad:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Terra what did you have for lunch?....lol

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Today has been one of those days - This morning I ran into a doorway. Got to work and accidentally spilled a huge pile of timecards. Sat at my desk and knocked a big pile of mail onto the floor. Went to pick them up, hit my head.

Organizing my work table, I pinched my finger in a rifle case and then dropped a barrel on my foot. I can't seem to wake up, even after 40 oz of coffee.

That's what I had for lunch. lol. Now be quiet or I will make YOU drop and give me 100 too! ;D

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Easy turbo,slow down on the caffeine,you might just blow a forehead vein or something.If you need help out there all you have to do is ask. ;D

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Ok just to be absolutely clear,where exactly did you grind,try to be specific.Did you mess with the diconnector at all? I'm just trying to determine if you need any parts besides a new hammer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Grinded- Hammer, Disconnecter
Polished- Safety (Flat Surface)

Terra- What address should i send the upper too? I dont see an address on the robarm site.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The good news: the XCR is an easy gun to work on. It is the brilliance of the design.
The bad news: mpspringer bought a new Dremel.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts