XCR Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2,031 Posts
I believe the .01% is a guy who had the hammer fall as a result of bumping the stock?

That is what scares the hell out of me about aftermarket trigger jobs.

...and that is why I would gladly pay double for a factory RA trigger with a better (and by better, I mean good) pull.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have exactly two hundred rounds of American Eagle through my rifle and when I had it on the range the other day I noticed that my trigger was not reseting and I would have to push it forward about 25% of the time. I will try the suggestions mentioned such as dry firing a couple hundred times but I had another issue come up on round 197.

The rifle fired, the bolt picked up the round, chambered it, the action was fired but there was a misfire. I started I/A drills and found the bolt to be locked forward. The only way I could clear the stoppage was to seperate the upper and lower and then pry the bolt back with my knife which took some force. After looking at the round I found that it was not deformed and the primer had not been struck. I put the rifle back together and fired 3 more rounds out it without incident. The Bolt group and upper where not bone dry nor where they over lubricated.

Has anybody had this happen to them?

· Registered
46 Posts
Finally got some good range time after getting my Bill Springfield trigger job. Much Better! Still haven't decided if I want to stick with a single stage or do the two stage. Thinking i'll stick with this one here!

Thanks Mr Springfield

· Banned
8,010 Posts
The stock trigger is a POS. Thankfully it's the only bad part of a great rifle.

Send your lower to Bill Springfield and he'll put it right.
+1 to Bill. I am going to send all my triggers to him. His is a bargain, for $50 he turns your XCR trigger into one of those $200 trigger jobs you find on AR's.

· Registered
448 Posts
I know I should be asking Bill himself, but do ya'll know if he can just modify my trigger to break cleanly w/o a 1st stage and still remain combat standard? Sorta like a stock AR trigger?

· Registered
17 Posts
I can set up the XCR a few ways, both are still "2 stage".

The first is just a nice clean break in the 3.5 or 4.5 area. Still 2 stage but feels like a single stage.

2nd has stock the 2 stage feel, but the creep is reduced about 70% and the pull weight is reduced to around 5.5lbs.

Thanks,
Bill Springfield

[email protected]

· Registered
448 Posts
I can set up the XCR a few ways, both are still "2 stage".

The first is just a nice clean break in the 3.5 or 4.5 area. Still 2 stage but feels like a single stage.

2nd has stock the 2 stage feel, but the creep is reduced about 70% and the pull weight is reduced to around 5.5lbs.

Thanks,
Bill Springfield

[email protected]
Kewl!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.