XCR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok took my new XCR to the range last week. Cycled maybe 100 rounds through it, when the trigger intermittently does not reset. This happened about 5% of the time from there, on out for the next 100 rounds (which is where I called it quits for the day)

To explain, pull trigger, rifle cycles, release trigger, pull again, no fire. When I pushed the trigger forward (towards the muzzle) there was a small click (like a bit of grit) then the trigger reset.

So, checked brass (in case of primer popping problems) brass was fine (using Win Q3131).

Popped upper off, checked lower, looks ok, nothing was floating about in there.

Will this wear in? Or do I need to do something about it I'm not a gunsmith, but I can rebuild a V8 in a pinch, but I don't want my hammer/trigger assembly to go "ping" all over the workshop. :)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Add a couple of drops of CLP, and dry fire the weapon a few times. Do not modify the trigger group.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, haven't.

Stripped off the upper, checked the trigger group, the disconnect hook is flat where it needs to be, the hammer looks ok, I suspect that as the trigger gets used more then the paint and all will wear off and smooth down.

Brushed both surfaces with Hobbes #9, (I don't use CLP) dried off, gave the Hammer a tiny drop of Slip 2000 EWL dry fired oh a Dozen or so times on my finger, re-assembled, dry fired about another 20 or so times, no problems.

I'll update if needed next time I take it out.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Do only what you are comfortable with,but if you are careful,there is little danger of damaging the trigger components.All you are doing is smoothing the relationship between the top corner of that bump/shelf on the hammer and the hook on the disconnector.Not a big deal.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Drop some of your favorite lube on the trigger goup and sit in front of the TV for an hour or so dry firing. It will be worked out in no time.

The XCR still has a few little "quirks" but it is a fine rifle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Drop some of your favorite lube on the trigger goup and sit in front of the TV for an hour or so dry firing. It will be worked out in no time.
LOL...
But then when would I practice my guitar scales... ;D

Not highly concerned, its brand new, and these things sometimes need a little work out.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
LOL...
But then when would I practice my guitar scales...
That's why I did what I did,I didn't feel like sitting around and dry firing it a couple hundred times when a simple pass of a file/stone or paper takes only a few minutes,and fixes the problem immediately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts