XCR Forum banner

Trigger Schematic

22K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Merlin 
#1 ·
As I have had to go look for this more than once in the past few days I thought I would post this up and hopefully it will be easier to find, maybe even make it a sticky.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Azzy. That is a nice schematic but it is missing the reset spring which I believe is the hardest part to figure out... but the picture below showed how it is installed ;) EXCELLENT job on the schem and pics.

#4 ·
What is the eaisest way to remove the Trigger Axis Pin ?

#6 ·
thanks for posting these pics.....I am wondering if anyone has installed a lighter trigger spring kit (ie: something like a JP spring kit?)
I used one in my AR15 and had "0"problems. Anything else I can do to lower the trigger weight?

#15 ·
I realize this is extremely late, but my trip to the range was about 22 months late. I had Bill Springfield perform a trigger job on one of my XCRs with the old trigger. At that time I had him install the JP spring.
Big mistake. I just got back from the range where I had practically as many light strikes as rounds fired. Stick with the standard spring for this trigger or better yet get the 2-stage trigger if you do not already have it.

#7 ·
From what I can tell send it to Bill Springfield he does a great job from what I have read, I have not sent mine yet but it should be going there soon

#11 ·
+1

I had to use again after replacing the Hammer Spring on my 7.62 kit. I am not taking this thing apart on a regular basis so it is always nice to have something to look at to make sure I am doing it right.

#16 ·
I realize this is extremely late, but my trip to the range was about 22 months late. I had Bill Springfield perform a trigger job on one of my XCRs with the old trigger. At that time I had him install the JP spring.
Big mistake. I just got back from the range where I had practically as many light strikes as rounds fired. Stick with the standard spring for this trigger or better yet get the 2-stage trigger if you do not already have it.
I installed the JP yellow spring not long after I got my XCR.It was my first attempt at improving the trigger.My experience was exactly the same,not enough ass to poke the hard Russian primers.I also agree that the new trigger is the best way to go,for the money it's as good as any AR aftermarket trigger I've tried,and much more reliable.Not only that,but when you install the heavy spring specifically designed for the 7.62x39 kits it does not seem to change the trigger pull on the new style triggers,and it can be used with any of the caliber conversion kits. Personally I've never had any failures to ignite any primers using the standard spring,but using the heavy spring should even further guarantee it's reliable ignition. Good trigger pulls make shooting tiny groups easier,but it should be balanced against ultimate reliability in a fightin' rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.