XCR Forum banner

What type of trigger would you prefer on your XCR?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be honest, the trigger is the part of the XCR that I didn't love right from the start.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yep, me too.

I'm waiting for the Robarm match trigger they're working on. I just hope it's a drop in thing.

I forgot to add I voted single stage trigger.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I'm not using the two stage trigger properly. I have a tough time actually pausing between the stages. I don't have much experience with a two stage trigger except the one on my XCR.

Can someone who voted for the two stage trigger explain the advantages of a two stage over a single stage?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I voted for the single stage trigger but I'll have a hit.

A two stage trigger has, two stages. The first stage is a definate trigger 'take up' in that as you pull the trigger, and it moves, you feel the trigger increase in resistence until you get to the second stage where the sear disengages and releases the firing pin. You can feel the trigger take up as you pull on it allowing you to get to the point where you can take the last minute sight picture before firing the shot, a bit like a revolver's trigger.

A single stage trigger can be described as a trigger that is either pulled or not pulled. If you have fired a revolver with the hammer cocked back, it is a single stage trigger, it's a clean crisp break and then "Bang".

Hope this helps, and I'm sure there are people out there that could have explained it more eloquently than I, but I gave it a shot!

Be safe

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Aussie.

What you're saying makes sense. Hopefully practice will help.

Juicespeare1 - That's the first I've heard about any match trigger. Is that new info?

I'll give this trigger some more time, but I'm seriously thinking about the trigger modification that magikbullet posted.

Now if only I could find a good way to attach a sling to the folding tube stock...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually have that adapter, but I find that it's too bulky when I put it at the end of the stock. When I put it at the back of the receiver the sling lies right between my face and the stock.

What I'm doing now actually works really well and is comfortable, but it just looks a little sloppy. From some of the pics I've seen on the forum, a lot of people are using Magpul stocks and such that have places for mounting slings. At some point I may buy the non-folding M4 attachment and put on something like that.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Granted, I only put about 400 rounds through the rifle with the original trigger, but it is supposed to improve. That being said, I really disliked the heavy 1st stage/nebulous middle area/then heavy 2nd stage of the original trigger. After the mod, my trigger is really a single stage and I'll guess about 1/3 less pull weight...

If you don't want to wait for the match trigger mod contact bill springfield-you'll be replacing everything once the match trigger comes out anyway and it's really the best 50$ I've put into the rifle...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When you send it to that guy, do you send the entire gun? Or just the lower? Or just the trigger components?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I checked with Bill, the guy that Magik put me onto and he informed me that after his trigger work he stated in his e-mail:

"Price runs , this will get you a very short, smooth clean break in the 4lbs area. All that is needed is the lower receiver less the stock assembly. I'm in Co Springs, Co, not sure about the warranty, work is localized to the trigger and hammer. So these can easily be replaced should an issue arise, I do guarantee my work, lots of time and fitting is performed on the XCR. Around 3X more than a comparable HK 91 or AR-15.

Sure please forward my name to any interested parties, I can be reached at 719-648-5725 after 5pm mtn time. I can work just about any semi auto rifle, I have also added HK USP's to the mix as well."
This sound good to me and very reasonably priced with return shipping being included.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Like aussie said, Bill's work is a steal.

The trigger work is the best and most cost effective modification you can do to your xcr. Bill does great work at a price far below what he could get away with charging... He's done the triggers on my ptr91 and xcr and I like them so much I recommend this guy any time trigger work comes up. I found out about him on hkpro-where he is one of only two guys that are ever recommended for hk rifle triggers. I've never seen a post with someone reporting on one of his trigger jobs that wasn't a rave review...

[email protected] give him a message and tell him scott sent ya ;)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Roy!

I'm glad to hear he works on USPs too!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts