XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
They're great scopes. I have the TR21-R 1.25X4X32 model. The glass is very clear, and the illuminated triangle is very bright. At 1.25 X it's almost as fast as a red dot. When I get a 6.5 or 7.62X51 XCR, I plan to put one of the higher power Accupoints on it. If you don't like the illuminated triangle, they're coming out with a couple of crosshair reticles.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
One Review:
Of the fixed-power Type II optics, the TA11 ACOG is the best choice. It provides a little more eye relief and a large exit pupil than the TA01 and TA31. Together, these two attributes make it a lot faster to acquire a sight picture and easier to maintain while on the move. The 0.5x difference in magnification versus the TA31 is marginal. Price on a TA31 or TA11 ACOG with a QR mount is about a grand. The Schmidt and Bender 1.1-4x20mm Short Dot has almost true 1x at the low and a bright illuminated reticle center. It has a mil-based reticle for bullet drop, in addition to external target knobs (the locking turrets are the way to go for reliability). The extra capability of the Short Dot is paid for in bulk and its $2200 ticket. The sleeper is the 1.25-4x24mm Trijicon AccuPoint (TR21). It shares the same fiber-optic design as the TA31/TA11, but can be dialed down to low power for close-range work. Its reticle has no BDC features, however. The TR21 is a good deal at about $575

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am mainly interested in the 3x9 for the 6.5 XCR when I comes out. My major concern is that the triangle will be bright enough to use at the local indoor rifle range. I wanted to be sure that the tritium is bright enough to compensate for a very poorly lit area that will make the collumator useless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts