XCR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Without trying to start a debate - I want to say that the following statement is typical of how someone (an allegded "expert") who wasn't even there - can skew the readers view by making generalized or opinionated statements:

"Retired Army pilot Joseph Gutheinz Jr., an investigative consultant in NASA and Federal Aviation Administration cases, said gun safety is particularly important on planes. He said the accidental shooting in Charlotte could have been much more serious."

"It should have already been stowed away safely," he said. [glow=red,2,300]"You don't play around with a loaded gun at altitude. You don't take it out. You just leave it wherever it is until you land. Until you're safe."[/glow]

This pisses me off, because this is the same kind of shit-for-brains statement that give the anti-gunners out there a vision of some pilot smokin' and jokin' in the cockpit with a loaded weapon.

Un-necessary DRAMA and the usual dumb-ass sensationalism used to draw people into an anti-gun mindset.

MFers...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
"They're given a .40-caliber semiautomatic H&K USP, the same weapon issued to all people eligible to carry guns in the cockpit."

Although I have five HK's of my own in both .40 and .45 caliber, and I love them all - does anyone know how they came to select this pistol instead of another brand? Was there a "test" similar to other government trials?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.