XCR Forum banner
61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Shipping

Just placed an Order this morning for 5 Unimag Gen2 to try out, and if they work Correctly i will Order more.
@Sean K. i have looked into the ASC magazines as far as outlets i can purchase from to try them as well asap.
i am planning to Test the Unimag Gen2's with several calibers at the range from others that have different
calibers than i currently own.
this may take a few weeks at least to accomplish, but looking forward to it.
I Ordered the Unimag's from Ross on Thursday 8-6-2020 @10:54am EST
Just wanted to ask if anyone received any type of Tracking for their Orders ?
i am thinking within the next couple days i should Receive the Order,but just
Not sure the Carrier as it only stated Standard Shipping.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I picked up a new 11" 7.62x39 Bren 2Ms pistol last week and got to shoot it for the first time yesterday. I installed an adapter in the magazine well to convert it from using the CZ proprietary magazines over to using 7.62x39 AR15 magazines. It ran 100% with the RZE Unimags. It also ran 100% with the magazines I used (D&H 30rd and ASC 20rd).

·
Registered
23,127 Posts
I Ordered the Unimag's from Ross on Thursday 8-6-2020 @10:54am EST
Just wanted to ask if anyone received any type of Tracking for their Orders ?
i am thinking within the next couple days i should Receive the Order,but just
Not sure the Carrier as it only stated Standard Shipping.
I got order confirmation and then a notice that it shipped.

·
Registered
23,127 Posts
I picked up a new 11" 7.62x39 Bren 2Ms pistol last week and got to shoot it for the first time yesterday. I installed an adapter in the magazine well to convert it from using the CZ proprietary magazines over to using 7.62x39 AR15 magazines. It ran 100% with the RZE Unimags. It also ran 100% with the magazines I used (D&H 30rd and ASC 20rd).
Do the factory CZ mags work 100%? I was mildly interested in one mainly b/c it has a mag designed from the ground up to be a X39 mag.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do the factory CZ mags work 100%? I was mildly interested in one mainly b/c it has a mag designed from the ground up to be a X39 mag.
I don't know. I didn't use them. I wasn't going to buy the 7.62x39 Bren 2 because of it using proprietary magazines, but changed my mind when I found out that the magazine adapter is available. I'm pretty confident that the factory mags would work 100%. They appear to have an AR15 top, but a constant curvature. People have said the original clear ones crack, but the newer black ones seem to be more durable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bren 2Ms Pistol

Wow that sounds Awesome...are those Pistols Available or in stock at a particular outlet ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got order confirmation and then a notice that it shipped.
Thanks Sean K. i have been checking , and sent email to Carlos yesterday 10th before lunch asking when will the Unimag's ship, and then i seen a Label created from USPS.
But that is all i see currently today 11th that USPS still waiting for the Shipment from Ross there in El Paso TX.
I Ordered the Unimags last Thursday on the 6th, and still not shipped yet based on USPS.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was checking out that Pistol, and it looks Great with the Pistol Brace, but have not found best pricing yet.
Also what Ammunition were you running...Wishful thinking that it was Steel Case.
https://ontargetmagazine.com/2020/04/cz-usa-bren-2-ms-7-62x39-pistol/

·
Registered
23,127 Posts
Thanks Sean K. i have been checking , and sent email to Carlos yesterday 10th before lunch asking when will the Unimag's ship, and then i seen a Label created from USPS.
But that is all i see currently today 11th that USPS still waiting for the Shipment from Ross there in El Paso TX.
I Ordered the Unimags last Thursday on the 6th, and still not shipped yet based on USPS.
Ross isn't fast, nor do they answer emails. Customer service is non-existent.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sent another Email asking Carlos what might be the issue that my Order has not Shipped.
i would think he could have shipped my order unless he has to Manufacture new Unimags.
Today makes 6 days @10:54 this morning since i Ordered.
All i know is the Label is created, and USPS still waiting on items to get to them so they came Ship.
I guess i will try to be Patient, and see what response he sends me.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was checking out that Pistol, and it looks Great with the Pistol Brace, but have not found best pricing yet.
Also what Ammunition were you running...Wishful thinking that it was Steel Case.
I just searched on gun.deals and found the best price. I forget who it came from, but they shipped fast. I bought the version without the pistol brace because I'm planning on SBR'ing it. Yes, I did use steel cased ammo. In this case it was the Tula 122gr FMJ that's copper (no bimetal) jacketed.

·
Registered
23,127 Posts
Sent another Email asking Carlos what might be the issue that my Order has not Shipped.
i would think he could have shipped my order unless he has to Manufacture new Unimags.
Today makes 6 days @10:54 this morning since i Ordered.
All i know is the Label is created, and USPS still waiting on items to get to them so they came Ship.
I guess i will try to be Patient, and see what response he sends me.
You are an anxious little critter, aren't you.

First, Ross is abhorrent when it comes to CS. Told you that upfront. My guess is you won't get a response.

2nd, COVID is making ship times take much longer than normal.

Patience grasshopper....

·
Registered
37 Posts
CZ Brem M2

I just searched on gun.deals and found the best price. I forget who it came from, but they shipped fast. I bought the version without the pistol brace because I'm planning on SBR'ing it. Yes, I did use steel cased ammo. In this case it was the Tula 122gr FMJ that's copper (no bimetal) jacketed.
Hope you got a Great deal.... i watched some Videos today of that Pistol and it is Sweet.
I will have to put it on my wish list for now, as i have too many other things taking my money.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You are an anxious little critter, aren't you.

First, Ross is abhorrent when it comes to CS. Told you that upfront. My guess is you won't get a response.

2nd, COVID is making ship times take much longer than normal.

Patience grasshopper....
Lol...your right...i am a bit anxious to get that Unimags and see for myself how they function.
it's one of those times when i have to just relax and wait till i get it in the mail.
i am going to buy those ASC Mags to try out in 5.45x39 as they have 2 for $23 on their site.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Received Shipment

Lol...your right...i am a bit anxious to get that Unimags and see for myself how they function.
it's one of those times when i have to just relax and wait till i get it in the mail.
i am going to buy those ASC Mags to try out in 5.45x39 as they have 2 for $23 on their site.
Just Received Shipment of the Unimags i ordered on 8-6-2020
he must of had to Manufacture mine because they did not leave El Paso
until the 8th day after i ordered which was 8-14-2020,
but only 3 days to actually travel to my address.
They look Good, and i will try and Test them ASAP.
btw.....just seen bulk ammo prices rise by another $20-30 per 1000 today
for the 5.45x39 and 7.62x39

·
Registered
37 Posts
loaded up some 5.45x39 in one of the Unimags and got 26 in out of the 29 advertised, but i just did not want to force them at first.
Then manually with my fingers stripped them out one at a time to see how they might feed out of the Unimag...not the smoothest.
Then loaded 7.62x39 into the Unimags and fully loaded the advertised 25, and then stripped them out with finger.
Either Caliber was not as smooth to load, or to strip out as i thought they would be.
But i am sure they will do as they should with the BCG stripping them.
btw...the first Unimag i opened, and the only one i tested for now fit into two different Lowers.
One is Anderson, and the other is a Polymer lower of some sort, which i had on hand.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Unimag Dates

There are dates on the magazine bodies. Let us know the ones you received.
hello Bret the Unimags i ordered all 5 of them have the Date 05-16-18
Actually that is what the floor plates say, as i have not looked at the body closely yet.
I will post what i see tomorrow on the Bodies, but quick check
on the one i opened there is no dates like on the floor plate.
i will check better when i post tomorrow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Marking numbers on magazine

hello Bret the Unimags i ordered all 5 of them have the Date 05-16-18
Actually that is what the floor plates say, as i have not looked at the body closely yet.
I will post what i see tomorrow on the Bodies, but quick check
on the one i opened there is no dates like on the floor plate.
i will check better when i post tomorrow.
sorry for late response due to busy week, but as far as Unimag dates.
There are no dates except on the floor plate, but there are other numbers.
On the Right side as if the Magazine were loaded into the Lower it says FCF-18.
On the Left side as if the Magazine were loaded into the Lower it says FAE-18 , and the Patent Pending #

61 - 80 of 119 Posts